Film Festival, West Side Highway
Tribeca (TRI-angle BE-low CA-nal) NYC, is home of the namesake Film Festival, every April, Robert DeNiro’s pet project, created to promote commerce downtown after 9/11. He also owns several hotels and restaurants in the area and is spotted quite frequently. Tribeca was also the home of JFK Jr and Caroline Bessette Kennedy before their tragic death in 1999 and is filled with old warehouses, now converted into lofts, beautiful views of the Hudson River and Statue of Liberty, excellent restaurants, families, parks and NYC history.
Washington Market Park (Washington/Jay Sts) – playground and weekly farmers market.
Hudson River Park and River Promenade – cross the West Side Highway at Chambers to enjoy a stroll from Battery Park City to Chelsea along the water. Watch the runners, bikers, roller bladers, views of the Hudson and Statue of Liberty, rent a Kayak (free), stop at the Nike Runners kiosk and “test drive” sneakers.
Duane Park, Finn Square and Tribeca Park – three small areas surrounded by history and old-meets-new architecture. Check out the converted warehouses that are now some of America’s most expensive homes.
A stroll through TriBeCa reveals upscale eateries like Nobu, MR CHOW, Chanterelle, and Bouley, local staples like Bubby’s and Odeon, and sophisticated retail options such as Issey Miyake and Stephen Alan.
Annual Tribeca Film Festival
April – May Annually
The multi-week Film Festival takes place at various venues, mostly near Tribeca Cinemas, 54 Varick Street and showcases every film genre while attracting blockbuster global celebrities, probably more so than Fashion Week.
Recommended Tribeca Hotels below.
Bubby’s (120 Hudson St, N Moore) – one of the city’s best brunch spots, spicy Bloody Mary’s, comfort food and great for kids. Long weekend lines.
Nobu (105 Hudson, Franklin) – top NYC sushi restaurant ($$$$). More casual, less expensive (but not cheap) version at Nobu Next Door.
Tribeca Grill (375 Greenwich St, Franklin)– owned by DeNiro and buddies, often a patron, along with much of his crowd. Food is good, not the best.
Bouley (163 Duane St, Hudson) – top NYC French, $45 lunch, $85 dinner. Wonderful food and a view overlooking Duane Park. Craving dessert or a snack? Bouley Bakery is rated for its brunch and best hot chocolate in NYC.
Odeon (145 W Bway, Thomas) – American Brasserie known for being the original inventor of the “Sex and the City” cosmopolitan.
More Casual/inexpensive local restaurant favorites:
- Puffy’s Tavern (81 Hudson St, Harrison/Jay) – dive bar with cheap beer
- Mudville 9 (126 Chambers St, W Bway/ Church) – great sports bar and wings
- Sole Di Capri Cafe (165 Church St, Chambers/ Reade) – small Italian restaurant owned by 2 Italian brothers with great fresh pasta (and a $6.95 prix-fixe lunch deal). Cash only.
- Ninja New York (25 Hudson St @ Duane St, Tribeca) – Great for Kids! Be whisked underground by elevator, led to the dining area via a secret path lined with “ninjas” ready to scare you, then brought into the castle where each private chamber houses a single table. Fairly pricey for the small portions, but the food is tasty, and the price is for the whole experience.
- Thalassa (179 Franklin Street) – From Santorini-style spanakopita to moussaka à la Mykonos, the food here is authentic Greek, since the restaurant is owned by a family of Greek-food importers. The townhouse style restaurant offers tables draped in white tablecloths, surfaces scatted with pottery from Argos and the white marble has been sourced from Thasos.
Malaysian Kitchen Restaurant 21 South End Ave (West Thames St), Battery Park City
A reasonably-priced, family-friendly restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The best part? Lovely views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and New Jersey. Is it the best Chinese Food in the City? No, but it’s really good and certainly the Chinese restaurant with the best NYC views – plus you can print coupons directly from their website!
Franklin Street – cobblestone street with converted warehouses that are now art galleries, home décor shops, antique stores and bars
SoHo Photo Gallery (15 White St, Church) – over 100 artists and photographers exhibit their work in a converted egg warehouse
Click for current rates and reviews or keep reading for more hotel details.
Back to Top of Tribeca NY
New York City Luxury Hotels – Tribeca
The Wagner at Battery
Formerly the Ritz Carlton Battery Park, The Wagner is an independent, contemporary luxury hotel, 5 star hotel offering 24-hour fitness centre with panoramic views of the New York skyline, a spa and restaurant. The Wagner Hotel is Wall Street’s new go-to spot. “We loved the spacious rooms, the service and hospitality we received from the staff."
- Favorites: Statue of Liberty Views
- Discount Rates: The Wagner Hotel
- 2 West Street, See More: New York City Luxury Hotels
Boutique Downtown Hotels New York
Boutique Downtown Hotels put you right next to some of NYC's most popular attractions: The 9-11 Memorial and Museum, Statue of Liberty, One World Observatory, Wall Street, St. Paul's Cathedral, Charging Bull and every major subway station.
See More: Boutique Downtown Hotels New York
Back to Top of Tribeca, NY
NYC Chain Hotels – Tribeca
- Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca
- Conrad New York (an All Suite Hilton Hotel)
- Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
- New York Marriott Downtown
- 1 to Canal, Franklin or Chambers
- 2, 3 to Chambers
- A, C, E to Canal
- 6 to Canal/Broadway
- General Address: 107 W Broadway, NY, NY 10013
Save with a New York City Attractions Pass
Get savings coupons and find the best New York City Discount Pass for your NYC vacation. Unbiased reviews of the New York City Sightseeing Passes. Which is the BEST – NY Sightseeing Pass, New York City Explorer Pass, New York Pass or New York CityPASS?
- Choose from 100 sights
- Choose 1-10 days or # of Attractions
- Unlimited Hop On Hop Off Bus
- NY Sightseeing Pass
- Includes 100 tours and attractions
- Choose 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 or 10 Days
- Digital or Physical Pass
- New York Pass
- Choose from 90+ sights
- Good for 30 Days
- Smartphone, print or physical card
- Explorer or Build Your Own
Back to Top of Tribeca NYC
Tribeca NYC Map
(Download Full Size By Sharing Above)
Back to Top of Tribeca NYC
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
NYC Insider Printable Guides
NYC Printable Map Guide Book
BONUS NYC Maps
NYC Travel Guide
Manhattan Neighborhood Map
Top of Tribeca NYC