Traditional, Cheap, Cruises, BBQ, Families, Single
With hundreds of delicious choices for Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City, it may be hard for you to choose just one place. Many NYC restaurants will offer a special pre-fixe holiday menu and you can pick from the most innovative menus to spectacular boat cruises with amazing skyline views around Manhattan.
NYC Restaurants: Please tell us about your Thanksgiving Dinner Menus so we can tell our guests!
Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 24, 2022
Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City
- Thanksgiving Dinner and All the Trimmings
- Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet
- Hornblower NYC Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
- New York City Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
- Nautical Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Viewing Brunch Party
- Bateaux New York Thanksgiving Lunch Cruise
- Thanksgiving Dinner in Little Italy or Chinatown
- Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Croton Resevoir Tavern
- Thanksgiving Dinner in Times Square
- Bubby’s Thanksgiving Dinner
1. Hornblower Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise – Family-Friendly!
Cruise around New York Harbor on an elegant yacht while you enjoy this family-friendly Thanksgiving Day Dinner Cruise by Hornblower Cruises. Feast on a sumptuous Thanksgiving buffet made with the freshest seasonal ingredients as the resident Hornblower DJ entertains you during dinner 5-8 pm (3 hours).
After you’ve had your fill of turkey and desserts, take in all the sights with your camera as you cruise past the Statue of Liberty and capture other wonderful images of the New York City skyline and landmarks you can only get from the water. After you’re stuffed, and have all the best photos, unwind by watching football on flat screen TVs on the ship.
It appears most holiday cruises are not being sold on our usual travel partners this year (some went out of business during the pandemic). Here is a round up of other cruises we have found, though we don’t know these companies personally and we have not vetted them:
2. Thanksgiving Brunch, Dinner & Cruises
Thanksgiving Parade Brunches & Thanksgiving Dinner
(In prior years, most of the following dinners and cruises were on sale around Sept/Oct. It looks like it will be later in 2021, if at all. Please check back soon for updates.)
3. Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City
Many restaurants serve Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City, and most of them will serve pre-fix dinners.
Remember, these are days when restaurants know mostly NYC Visitors, and not their repeat customers, are dining. They know they have a captive audience and price accordingly. If your Thanksgiving Dinner at home is truly special and wonderful, then don’t try and replace it. Do something different – and something very NYC!
Eat in Little Italy or Chinatown, for example. Go to Greenwich Village, SoHo, West Village or Union Square. After all, this is where NYers live, so if they are eating out, these restaurants are catering to their local regulars. Get away from the crowds and the other tourists and have a slice of NYC all to yourself.
How to Save on NYC Restaurants and Food
There are so many easy ways to save on New York City restaurants and food and you just need to know where to look. Of course, you can’t save everywhere, and sometimes you have to wait for a deal, but about half the time I eat out in NYC, at quality restaurants, it is easy to save a few bucks without sacrificing quality.
Online Thanksgiving Reservations at Open Table
Hundreds of NYC restaurants post their Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City menus and begin accepting online reservations at OpenTable as early as July. With menus ranging from traditional to innovative, you’re sure to find a restaurant that suits everyone’s taste. Make your reservations at Carmine’s, the new Margaritville hotel, Red Rooster, Quality Bistro/Italian/Meats and so many more choices!
Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Croton Resevoir Tavern
Come join Croton Reservoir Tavern for great food, great drinks and a truly great NYC experience, only steps away from The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. We offer a $60 Prixe Fix from 11am – 8pm, which includes a choice of traditional Turkey Dinner with all the fixings, Grilled Salmon or Pumpkin Ravioli. Please make sure to tell us the NYC Insider Guide sent you!
More Info: Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Croton Tavern NYC
NYC Insider Printable Guides
"The guides are exactly what we were looking for to help us navigate NYC and the highlights of each area.
THANK YOU for taking the time to put this together."
"Amazing, Melissa. This is my second copy! Congratulations for this always excellent guide. I have been living in this area for 18 years, but I still leave the guide as a treat when people come to visit me by their bed. So comprehensive!"
Thanksgiving Dinner Restaurants in NYC
- Tavern on the Green
- Bubby’s Thanksgiving Dinner
- Sarabeth’s Thanksgiving Dinner
- Del Frisco’s Thanksgiving Dinner
2021 Thanksgiving Menu Round Up by Neighborhood
- Thanksgiving Dinner in Union Square (CraftNYC, Union Square Cafe, Gramercy Tavern, Striphouse, +)
- Thanksgiving Dinner at the Seaport (The Fulton, Carne Mare, Malibu Farm, +)
- Thanksgiving Dinner on the Upper East Side
Thanksgiving Dinner in Times Square
Make a reservation and get a prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu (or order ahead and take one home!) at a variety of restaurants in the district, including:
- Go traditional or get scallops and pastrami-sliced duck at Glass House Tavern
- Turkey, truffles, and/or tuna tartare at Haven Rooftop
- The chance to see how well a steakhouse does turkey at Gallaghers Steakhouse
- A Thanksgiving français with options for crepes and boeuf bourgignon at Le Rivage
- Turkey with a caramelized mushroom and sage stuffing at Bond 45
- Thanksgiving like your bubbe might make it, matzah ball soup included, from Friedman’s
- Rotisserie turkey — or a strip steak with bone marrow butter — at Bacall’s Family Steakhouse
- A — of course — smoked turkey with creole green beans at Virgil’s Real BBQ
- Cuban favorites like pernil alongside your turkey at Havana Central
- A four-course menu that’s half-price for kids 12 and under at Becco
- Cornbread and chorizo stuffing and a dessert of pumpkin flan at Victor’s Cafe
- All the classic Thanksgiving sides at Charlie Palmer
- Turkey, ham, and lemon thyme stuffing, or Cajun shrimp linguini at The Long Room
Following are prior years Thanksgiving Dinners, not confirmed for 2021
- Thanksgiving Dinner in the Meatpacking District
- Thanksgiving at The Vine (Eventi Hotel)
- Thanksgiving at L’Amico (Eventi Hotel) – This Thanksgiving, join us for a special prix fixe menu in our main dining room, or reserve our exclusive Hidden Bar dining area for your large group. $72 Three-Course Prix Fixe
- PJ Clarke’s Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Dinner with Tio Pepe and Casa Pepe
- Dirty French (East Village)
- Casa Lever
Family Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
Pending 2021 Updates. See this Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise to book now.
Cruise around New York Harbor on an elegant yacht while you enjoy this family-friendly Thanksgiving Day Dinner Cruise by Hornblower Cruises. Feast on a sumptuous Thanksgiving buffet dinner made with the freshest seasonal ingredients as the resident Hornblower DJ entertains you during dinner 4:30-6:30pm (2 hours).
After you’ve had your fill of turkey and desserts, take in all the sights with your camera as you cruise past the Statue of Liberty and capture other wonderful images of the New York City skyline and landmarks you can only get from the water.
Top of Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City
Thanksgiving Parties and Dinners Cruises – Deals and Discounts
Check out all the Groupon offerings for huge savings on Thanksgiving:
Back to Thanksgiving in NYC