Fireworks, Boat Cruise, Festivals, BBQ, Rooftops
July 4th in New York City is amazing! The weather is almost always wonderful and our July 4th celebrations, including the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks®, scheduled in 2019 to be launched from the Brooklyn Bridge and Pier 17, are second to none!
In prior years, fireworks were also displayed from midtown, but in 2019 they are scheduled to be launched only from the Brooklyn Bridge and Pier 17.
Make sure to check sightseeing and holiday hours for Thursday, July 4, 2019. Add your event to the July 4th in NYC Events Activities calendar.
Top Picks for July 4th NYC Activities and Events
NYC Insider Tip – Best Place to See Fireworks?
Personally, I think the BEST view of the 2019 New York City Fireworks is from a boat cruise on the water. Here’s why…
If you want to watch them from land, be prepared for crowds, long waits, packing your food and drinks, carrying your stuff and umm…restrooms? Good luck.
Not sure if the fireworks will be on the East Side or West Side? Over the Brooklyn Bridge or not? A cruise has a view of the fireworks no matter what changes the city makes at the last minute.
A hotel with a roof deck is also a great option. The 2019 fireworks will definitely be held over the Brooklyn Bridge and Pier 17 (South Street Seaport).
Rooftops, Hotels, Restaurants with Views of 4th of July NYC 2019 Fireworks
2019 Update – The following hotels provide views of the Brooklyn Bridge Fireworks.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge (photo above)
1 Hotel BB, which offers amazing views of the Brooklyn Bridge from their rooftop and some of their rooms, is hosting several fireworks viewing parties on July 4th. Parties can booked as part of a "Room to Roof" package, prime fireworks views from your room only or reservations at one of three different July 4th Fireworks parties.
- Discount Rates: 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- Direct Site: July 4th @ 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
- 60 Furman Street, Brooklyn, NY
Millenium Hilton – here’s what one reviewer had to say about his July 4th stay: ‘The hotel is right across from the Macy’s July 4th Fireworks…We were on a higher floor (40+) in an "01" corner room… and out our east windows, we had a fabulous view of the Brooklyn Bridge, the East River and Long Island.’
- Discount Rates: Millenium Hilton
- 55 Church Street, NY, NY 10007 (Financial District)
New York Marriott Downtown – July 4th reviews, ‘Came to see the Macy’s fireworks display on July 4th….short walk from this hotel to the Brooklyn Bridge… I had a corner room with an awesome view of Ellis Island’ and ‘We braved the crowds at the fireworks but if your room faces the bridge and is high enough up, you could see them right from your room!’
- Discount Rates: New York Marriott Downtown
- 85 West Street, NY, NY 10006 (Financial District)
Trump SoHo – "They made sure I had a view of the east river so we could see the Fourth of July fireworks. I will definitely be staying there again." and "so very helpful in situating us in the best room possible to view the 4th of july fireworks and a tremendous view of the Empire State Building"
- Discount Rates: Trump SoHo
- 246 Spring St, (at Varick St) (SoHo)
Best Western Plus Seaport – ‘balcony has an excellent view of the city and we had a good spot to watch the fireworks’ and ‘location was perfect for celebrating the 4th of July! There were bands and a street fair all around the hotel and the view of the fireworks was great! We were in room 308 and could see the show and hear the music!’
- Discount Rates: Best Western Plus Seaport Inn
- 33 Peck Slip, NY, NY 10038 (South Street Seaport)
- Note: This hotel has very mixed reviews – read carefully.
Hotel on Rivington – offers panoramic city and East River views from their spectacular Penthouse roofdeck. Their Fireworks Party offers a luxurious July 4th experience with live DJ, open bar and a prime view of the East River fireworks in one of NYC’s hippest neighborhoods! Enjoy 360 degree breathtaking panoramic views of downtown, midtown, uptown Manhattan, Brooklyn, and beyond!
- Discount Rates: Hotel on Rivington
- Direct Site: 4th of July at Penthouse on Rivington
- 107 Rivington Street, NY, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
The Standard, East Village – July 4th reviews, ‘The Hotel itself is a gem with wonderful views of south Manhattan. July 4th fireworks were easily seen. The Restaurants are excellent – a definite NY vibe less pretentious than Standard Highline. I gladly recommend this gem’ and "wanted a room with a view of the East River, so we could see fireworks. She went beyond to find us the PERFECT room"
- Discount Rates: The Standard East Village
- 25 Cooper Square, NY, NY 10003 (East Village)
- 4th of July Crab Boil – Celebrate the 4th of July with us at Narcissa with a festive Blue Crab Boil on the terrace! 12-9pm. For an additional $50, guests can head to the hotel’s rooftop for drinks and views of the fireworks.
Pod 39 Hotel – Join us for a fireworks watch party at our rooftop bar on the 17th floor of the Pod 39 Hotel. Armed with some of the best views of the city and some of the best margaritas, the only thing missing from this party is you.
- Discount Rates: Pod 39 Hotel
- Direct Site: July 4th Rooftop Party Al Pastor
- 145 East 39th Street (Midtown East)
Z Hotel Long Island City – Join Z Hotel for their family-friendly all inclusive Red, White and View Package, including food, drinks with KILLER views of the Fireworks and Brooklyn Bridge!
- More Info: July 4th Fireworks at Z Hotel
The Ides Rooftop Bar at the Wythe Hotel -The Ides will open at 7:30pm for a ticketed entry ($25) for access to the bar and fireworks display at 9:00pm. Fill up while they grill house-made sausages, along with german potato salad which will be available to accompany cold beers and sparkling rosé (all for purchase).
- Discount Rates: Wythe Hotel
- 80 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249 (Williamsburg)
Hotels Near the Brooklyn Bridge
- In the box below that says, "Where Are You Going," copy and paste this: Brooklyn Bridge
- The Yellow Map Marker that says "Jane’s Carousel" is the Brooklyn Bridge
Top of July 4th in New York City Hotels
July 4th Fireworks Boat Cruises
Enjoy the fireworks over the East River with your choice of NYC Boat Cruises. As mentioned above, I think the BEST view of the fireworks is from the water. Plus, it doesn’t matter where the fireworks are – you’ll always have a front row spot! Book your seat on a variety of private, upscale and family-friendly parties, with on-board DJ’s to get you dancing the night away, plus food and drinks.
Classic Harbor July 4th Fireworks Cruises
Classic Harbor cruises offers a choice of at least 5 different July 4th Fireworks cruises. All five of Classic Harbor’s cruises are Ages 21+ and generally range around $400-$500 per ticket. Each cruise or sail will have some light fare and an open bar for you to enjoy. Highlights of the 5 boat options:
- Manhattan II – largest, most spacious and luxurious vessel. The glassed in, climate-controlled cabin and open bow offers guests plenty of room to walk around and enjoy the different views of the harbor and fireworks show. This is the most elegant of the cruises and has the most food.
- Yacht Manhattan – a smaller version of Manhattan II, still with an elegant feel, drinks served in real glasses, crew walks around with hors d’ oeuvres.
- Schooner America 2.0 Sailboat – more laid back than the Yachts, heavy passed hors d’oeuvres. Guests tend to find a seat and hang out for the duration of the cruise, while the crew comes to them for beverage service.
- Schooner Adirondack Sailboat – similar to above, slightly lighter food fair.
- Yacht Kingston – smallest and most intimate of the vessels, an enclosed cabin with large windows as well as an open bow. Light hors d’ oeuvres served.
Reserve your Fourth of July Fireworks cruise soon, these sell out every single year before the end of June.
July 4th Cruises and Parties – NYC Insider Guide Exclusive Discounts
Use Promo Code NYCINSIDERS for a 5% discount off your choice of family-friendly fireworks parties: Fireworks Cruise on Majesty Yacht, Fireworks Cruise Aboard Infinity Yacht or The Freedom Fest July 4th Fireworks Party @ Watermark Bar. Treat yourself to Open Bar, DJs, Buffet Dinner and of course, front row seats to the Macy’s July 4th Fireworks. Tickets start @ $129.
- Freedom Fest July 4th Fireworks Party – The new Watermark Bar @ Pier 15 has premier views of the Brooklyn Bridge and fireworks
- Fireworks Cruise on Majesty Yacht – New York’s huge mega-yacht holding 1,100 people. Probably the largest July 4th party in NYC.
- Fireworks Cruise Aboard Infinity Yacht – Luxury yacht with multiple floors and cabins, iconic city views, open bar and buffet.
July 4th Family-Friendly Fireworks Cruises
July 4th Fireworks BBQ, Boat Cruise and NYC Tour – FULL DAY!
Book your July 4th day as part of a July 4th Fireworks Hotel Package or separately. Fill your entire day with hosted July 4th festivities:
More Info: July 4th BBQ, Tour and Fireworks Cruise.
Start your 4th of July NYC with BBQ Over Broadway from 1pm until 3:30pm on the Supernova Restaurant’s outdoor terrace. Continue with a guided tour of historical Manhattan and finish your holiday with the World Yacht Duchess cruise with buffet dinner and open bar. The 4th of July NYC fireworks BBQ Day ALWAYS sells out, so don’t get left behind!
Subway Series!!!!! NY Yankees vs. NY Mets
July 2-3, 2019 @ CitiField
What better way to celebrate Independence Day than with America’s favorite pastime, an old-fashioned hot dog and beer? Don’t miss the ultimate NYC rivalry as the Mets take on the Yankees at home.
- Yankees vs Mets – July 2-3, 2019 @ Citi Field
July 4th in New York City – Attractions
Many New York City Tourist Attractions are open 365 days per year, although some with limited hours. July 4th may be a great day to try and see some of the more popular attractions as many people will be celebrating the holiday.
July 4th in New York City – Open Attractions
- Statue of Liberty
- Empire State Building (365 days)
- Top of the Rock and most of Rockefeller Center (365 days)
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (365 days)
- New York City Bus Tours
- Times Square – Hershey’s Store, M&M Store, Hard Rock Cafe and more
- Central Park – Zoo, Carousel
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Guggenheim Museum (closed Thursdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day)
- Museum of Modern Art (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m)
- American Museum of Natural History (Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- New York Botanical Garden (Closed most Mondays and Christmas Day)
Save BIG on July 4th with a Discount New York City Pass!
Get savings coupons and find the best New York City Pass Discounts for your July 4th in New York City.
Save with a New York City Pass
Get savings coupons and find the best New York City Pass Discounts for your NYC vacation. Unbiased reviews of the New York City Sightseeing Passes. Which is the BEST – NY Sightseeing Pass, New York City Explorer Pass, New York Pass or New York CityPASS?
- Choose from 100 sights
- Choose 1-10 days or # of Attractions
- Unlimited Hop On Hop Off Bus
- NY Sightseeing Pass
- Includes 100 tours and attractions
- Choose 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 or 10 Days
- Digital or Physical Pass
- New York Pass
- Choose from 55+ sights
- Good for 30 Days
- Smartphone, print or physical card
- Explorer or Build Your Own
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
NYC Printable Guides - Available for Immediate Download
Download over 100 pages of NYC maps, information and recommendations in less than 5 minutes! Our NYC Insider Printable Map Guide Book, Travel Planner and Bonus Map Guides include organized, easy to follow, color coded guides, detailed maps of every neighborhood, weekly chart of Free Museum Days and Times and free weekly neighborhood tours, Best of NYC Categories and lists by ALL native New Yorkers. Download everything you need to know NYC Like a Pro and make the most of your NYC vacation.
The information provided is exactly what we were looking for to be able to plan our trip this year to NYC!! We are over the moon at all the information and maps we received. Our excitement has grown exponentially since we got our info. Thank you for the thoroughness of your guides! Well worth it! - Odette (March 2019)
Download Our FREE NYC Printable Guide (Mini Version)
Browse Below and Download Here: FREE NYC Printable Guide (Mini Version)
Back to Top of July 4th in New York City
New York City Hotels with Pools
While a few of our hotels with pools are family-friendly, most are adult party zones with skyline views, cocktails, private cabanas and summer long pool parties. We highlight more than 10 family-friendly and adults-only hotel pools, many with day-pass availability for NYC locals.
Since most are indoor/outoor and heated, anytime of year is a great time to check into one of our New York City Hotels with Pools.
Back to Top of July 4th in New York City
NYC Hotels with Free Bicycles
If had to pick my FAVORITE way to explore NYC, it would be on bicycle! Don't miss out on your choice of NYC hotels with free bicycles, allowing you to explore hidden nooks of NYC you can't see any other way. Some of our top value picks include:
See the Insider Guide for dozens more NYC Hotels with Free Bicycles.
Back to Top of July 4th in New York City
Madame Tussauds Ghostbusters Experience
From the eerie underground tracks of the NYC subway to the basement of a haunted mansion to Ghostbusters Headquarters to the streets of Times Square, brace yourself for several spooks and even catch a ride on Ecto-2. The Ghostbusters Experience is a multi-layered and sensory environment immersing you into a fantastical and spirited world, inspired by the 2016 film.
July 4th Broadway Shows NYC 2019
July 4th is a great time to catch a Broadway show, stay out of the heat and beat the crowds. 2019 Broadway Show highlights on July 4th include: Beetlejuice, My Fair Lady, Stomp, Hillary and Clinton, Frankie & Johnny and more.
43rd Annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks (2019)
Thursday, July 4, 2019, 9:00pm
Per Macy’s Press Release: "This Independence Day, one of New York City’s most iconic landmarks will set the stage for a dazzling pyrotechnic spectacle, as the 43rd Annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® ignites the night with an unparalleled barrage of color, light and sound, live from the Brooklyn Bridge.
On Thursday, July 4 at approximately 9:20 p.m. millions of spectators lining the waterways on the lower East River and millions more on television nationwide will be enthralled by the awe-inspiring display, as Macy’s Fireworks launch tens of thousands of shells and effects from the bridge and from four barges positioned along the shores of Pier 17 at the Seaport District."
Macy’s is saluting American Cinema this year by featuring music from some of our country’s most beloved film scores. Macy’s Fireworks score features classic themes from more than 10 iconic American films. They collaborated with the best producers, arrangers and musicians in Hollywood to bring this year’s show to life, recording the score on the old MGM backlot where film classics were first recorded.
Immerse yourself in the sounds of award-winning actress and singer Jennifer Hudson belting out "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Plus, the orchestra from Hollywood Scoring will make the fireworks feel even more epic!
Independence Day spectators from coast-to-coast can catch all the action in the sky by tuning to NBC’s two-hour live national broadcast of “Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular” beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT and 7 p.m. CT, with a one-hour encore presentation at 10 p.m. ET/PT, and 9 p.m. CT (check local listings). In addition to the pyrotechnic splendor, the 4th of July’s most popular entertainment special will feature musical performances from the nation’s premiere artists.
Macy’s 4th of July NYC 2019 Fireworks Viewing Spots and Barges
The fireworks will be launched from four barges stationed along the East River between Broad Street and the Brooklyn Bridge.
For Prime Viewing Spots, head to elevated portions of the FDR (North/South roadways) with entry points as follows (listed West to East):
- Broad Street & Water Street
- Pearl Street & Dover Street
- Robert F. Wagner Sr. Place & St. James Place
- Pearl Street & St. James Place
- Montgomery Street & Cherry Street
Access the Lower Promenade with the following entry points:
- Pike Slip & Cherry Street
- Market Street & Cherry Street – ADA Viewing will be available at the Murray Bergtraum HS Track and Field Facility at the base of the Manhattan Bridge entrance at these cross streets.
More July 4th NYC Hotels
2019 Update: The following hotels provided views of the Midtown East Fireworks and we are not sure if they provide Brooklyn Bridge Views in 2019:
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park – ‘we were given a room on the 64th floor! Looking out of the window the Rockefeller building was in front of us, Times Square to the right and Central Park to the left. We even watched the 4th of July fireworks from our room’
July 4th Fireworks Boat Cruise & Hotel Vacation Package – Book your July 4th day as part of a July 4th Fireworks Hotel Package or separately. Fill your entire
Hotel Indigo – ‘The room was large, and had a great view towards the east and the south, giving wonderful views of the July 4th fireworks. The hotel is in the heart of things, with the bars and restaurants of the LES all a short walk way.’
- Discount Rates: Hotel Indigo
- 171 Ludlow Street, NY, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)
Hotel 50 Bowery – The Crown Rooftop at Hotel 50 Bowery, one of NYC’s newest hotels, is Lower East Manhattan’s most spectacular 360-degree view to celebrate and watch the fireworks with a clear view of the fireworks and city, downtown to Brooklyn to Midtown.
- Discount Rates: Hotel 50 Bowery
- 50 Bowery, NY, NY 10013
- Direct Site: The Crown Rooftop Fireworks Party
The Box House Hotel Rooftop – Join us on our rooftop for the perfect view of the Macy’s fireworks!! Live DJ, Games, Local Food Vendors, Drinks.
- Discount Rates: The Box House Hotel Rooftop, Brooklyn
- 50 Bowery, NY, NY 10013
- Direct Site: Fireworks at The Box House Hotel Rooftop
Park South Hotel – July 4th reviews, ‘The rooftop patio was an amazing bonus and we had a great view of the fireworks’ and ‘…for added pleasure the Roof bar was fabulous we watched the fireworks’ (photo above)
- Discount Rates: Park South Hotel
- 2019 Update: We are not sure at this time what Park South Hotel will do for the fireworks in 2019. Read about 2017 Fireworks here: July 4th Fireworks at Park South Hotel
July 4th NYC Visitor Questions
Can I watch the fireworks from Central Park?
Not that I know of. There is no vantage point high enough from which to view the fireworks on the East River.
Can Trump SoHo see the see 4th of July fireworks?
Possibly, the Trump SoHo hotel offers some rooms with fireworks views. I’m not sure if you can see them from the rooftop pool, so please check with the hotel. See Trump Soho Reviews above.
Can You See the Macy’s fireworks from Weehawken?
No. The current Mayor, DeBlasio, has moved the Fireworks back to the East Side of NY, so more New Yorkers can see them, including those in Queens and Brooklyn. I’ve heard “the fireworks are for New York, not Jersey.” However, I hear New Jersey does have their own fireworks display which may be an option.
Rooftop Restaurants with July 4th Fireworks Parties:
(pending 2019 updates)
- Riverview Restaurant & Lounge – Long Island City
Riverview, which has one the best Manhattan skyline views, especially of the Brooklyn Bridge and East River (probably all of the fireworks), is offering standard open bar and a four-star buffet from 6-9 pm and top-shelf open bar 6-10pm for $170 per guest (plus tax & tip). After the fireworks, at 10 pm, get dancing with a DJ and cash bar. More info: www.riverviewny.com
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Brooklyn Grange
- Riverpark’s 4th of July BBQ Bash
NYC Insider Tip: Back in the 90s, when the fireworks were launched from the same barges as those that will be from 23rd to 37th Streets this year, I worked on the 71st Floor of the Empire State Building, and we had FANTASTIC VIEWS of the fireworks.
Who Does NOT Have a View of the Fireworks?
In researching some other posts online, I was wary of the information NON New Yorkers were providing, such as, "to see NYC fireworks this year, the restaurant or upper floors of the Andaz Wall Street would be a good option." – thepointsguy
This is completely incorrect as the Andaz Hotel Rooms do NOT have views of the Brooklyn Bridge (BB), and the restaurant is on the ground floor, with about 100 buildings between it and the BB. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the BB, but you will not see the fireworks from the hotel.
Another old (and now incorrect) article – Best Hotels to View New York City Fireworks. I’ve tried to email USA Today to tell them, but their form doesn’t work.
Back to Top of July 4th in New York City