Uptown, Downtown, Night Lights, Brooklyn
A New York City Bus Tour is a great sightseeing option and very popular among NYC visitors. Even locals love to take a bus tour when they have guests in town! Read more about New York Bus Tours, customer reviews, photos and SAVE $$!
New York City Bus Tours
Big Bus Tours
Big Bus Tours, rated the #1 Bus Tour in NYC on Trip Advisor, offers open-top guided tours of the city (English only), along with your choice of 10 recorded languages. One of their great perks is the free Hornblower Cruise, included with the 2 Day All Loops & Big Bang Package Tickets.
The Ride combines entertainment, hilarious improvisation and wild people-watching amusement on its one-of-a-kind New York City tour bus outfitted with stadium seating. Instead of facing forward, passengers sit facing the long side of the bus, so you can see tons more of NYC. The ride is a short 1 hr, 15 minute tour and gets rave reviews, such as "hands down the best interactive experience in NYC! The kids had a blast and so did I. The “hosts” are appropriately funny and the side shows have many talented dancers, singers, and rappers." More Info: The Ride NYC Bus Tour
NYC Bus Night Tour
A family-friendly evening bus tour is a great choice allowing you to easily see our twinkling lights, especially after a long day of sightseeing. Since I see and hear these guys outside my window EVERY night, I can say for sure, everyone loves to sit on the top of the double-decker bus!
Night Bus Tour Choices:
- The Ride NYC Bus Tour - NYC's favorite bus tour! The Ride combines entertainment, hilarious improvisation and wild people-watching amusement on its one-of-a-kind New York City tour bus outfitted with stadium seating. Instead of facing forward, passengers sit facing the long side of the bus, so you can see tons more of NYC.
- NY Big Bus Night Tour - nightly tours depart every 30 minutes from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. During the winter holidays, the Big Bus Night Tour becomes the Holiday Lights and Bridges Tour. You’ll see the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chinatown, the Lower East Side, Rockefeller Center, Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, Times Square and more while a guide narrates your tour. The Night Tour then crosses the East River into Brooklyn so you can see one of the BEST views of the NYC Skyline…from Brooklyn.
Back to Top of New York City Bus Tour
Hop On Hop Off Buses
NYC Bus Tours offers the best selection and excellent pricing on most of the bus tour choices in NYC. Big Bus, Open Loop and On Location are some of the most popular and well-reviewed brands. Choose from Uptown, Dowtown, Day or Night Time, Brooklyn, Movie Sites, Celebrity TMZ, Food Tours, shopping tours and many more.
Taking the Stress out of NYC Group Transportation
Tired of flagging down taxis? Don’t feel like deciphering public transportation routes? Sick of your straggler group members ending up lost? We feel your pain. Traveling through New York City with a large group can be a hassle. The dazzling lights, bustling streets, and occasional celebrity sightings create the perfect storm for a frenzy of excited group members dashing around from one street corner to the next, when all you wanted to do was enjoy a simple trip to the Met with your group. More Info: Taking the Stress out of NYC Group Transportation
Discount New York City Bus Tours
If you are seeing a lot of attractions and also want to take a New York City Bus Tour, then consider a New York City Pass, where each has an option for bus tours:
- NYC Sightseeing Pass – Unlimited Hop on Hop off Buses – valid for the whole duration of day passes or 72hours in Flex Products. Brooklyn Hop on Hop off Tour and Night Tour are also available
- New York Pass – includes a Big Bus Hop-on Hop-off Tours 2 Day Pass
- New York Build Your Own and Explorer Pass – offers bus tours as an attraction choice
New York City Bus Tour Overview
Bus Tour Advantages
- NYC bus tours give you a nice overview of NYC
- Include day and night outdoor NYC bus tours and cover parts of the City you may not see otherwise
- Great if with people who cannot walk for many hours
- Cost of many attractions are included with a NYC Bus Tour pass
Bus Tour Disadvantages
- Expensive way to get around the city, if not seeing a lot of attractions with admission prices
- Tour guide knowledge is not guaranteed
- Does not go through Central Park
- After tour, still have to take taxis or learn how to use the subway
NYC Vacation Planner
Now you have booked Cheap Flights to New York, gotten a New York City Hotel Deal, reserved Statue of Liberty Tickets and New York City Broadway Tickets and decided on a New York City Bus Tour. You can stop now and just jump on the plane or look at the three main discount Attractions Passes.
Bus Tour Reviews
- CitySights New York Bus Tour is The Ticket to Showing Friends Around Town
- Great Experience on the CitySights Bus Tour
The NYC Insider Guide does make a small commission if you purchase a Bus Tour through our links. After all, this is one of the ways I am able to provide you all the free content on this website. However, the information provided on this page is unbiased and accurate to the best of my ability. Read more on Advertising Policies.