Open, Closed, Explore NYC FREE, Help NYC
NYC set to enter Phase 3 on July 6, 2020. Personal care (spa, nails), tennis, volleyball, basketball, places of worship (@ 25 % capacity). Initially, indoor restaurants @ 50% capacity, but now that is postponed. There is currently no open date for theaters, gyms, and shopping malls.
Top NYC Things to Do
NYCInsiderGuide.com Jobs – We are Hiring!!
WANTED: Manhattan WordPress Developer(s)
(preferably a small, coordinated, freelance team)
- ALL work must be done in person in Manhattan
- Back up, security, caching and resource management
- Strong knowledge of RSS feeds: feedburner (or alternative), manipulating feeds, troubleshooting, working with blog broadcasts
- Update WordPress and Theme without breaking any current customization
- Clean up code so it passes http://validator.w3.org validation (or similar). This will require massive CSS and theme changes, at both the theme and page level.
- Eliminate all Bing HTML errors and Google Errors (Reports and Data, SEO Report)
- Implement Schema for events
- Analyze current workflow (adding content to site, processing user submitted content) and improve
- Mobile Development
- Bonus: Dreamweaver expertise – there are additional sites that require updated templates
- Must work WITH me (the webmaster) consistently and fluently. If you mostly like to work on your own in the middle of the night, this is not a good fit.
- Ability to meet in person in Manhattan ongoing (I will require training in my actual working environment), about 10-15 hours per month
- Ability to project manage, organize emails and provide timely responses and estimates and meet deadlines. It is your job to organize and all the "to dos" without me having to go through sent emails over and over again
- Strong knowledge of SEO as it directs all of the above, or the ability to learn (I will teach)
- Understanding of a time sensitive online business (the site is updated daily…time in development must be kept to a minimum). Much of the work is on live posts and pages.
- Availability during regular NYC business hours
- Agile work environment – ability to implement small, swift projects, evaluate results and move on to next project. Small projects always preferred to long ones with massive specs, as the former tends to have an immediate impact on revenue.
- Solid understanding that MY time is extremely valuable and must be prioritized as such at all times. I will gladly pay for this, but ONLY if meetings and work begin and end on time.
Current Site Processes:
- Customized plug in to direct RSS feed (RSS is scheduled separately from content being published)
- XYZ HTML snippets and Content Blocks
- Share Lockers
- Event and Place submission with payment options
- Custom CSS classes/styles
- Site converted from HTML to WordPress in early 2013 – 1000s of redirects from old to new URLs
Contact NYC Insider Guide – please specify your Manhattan location and only include portfolio links to sites with similar functionality to this one. Generic emails will not receive a response.
Kindle Writers and Marketers