New Years Eve Parties in New York City are world famous. Ring in the New Year at the Times Square ball drop, New Years Eve Cruises with skyline views, dozens of New Years Eve events, private dinners and salsa dancing…basically, a New Years Eve soirée for everyone.
Most New Years Eve Parties in NYC do not open up until after October, but for the planners out there, here is list of what is available to book now and keep reading for more options, usually available in December.
Add your event to the New Years Eve NYC Parties page.
Top NYC New Years Eve Parties
- New Years Eve Times Square Ball Drop Dinner Soiree
- Best New Years Eve NYC Hotels
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Champagne Cruises
- Times Square New York Ball Drop Vacation Package
- New Year’s Fireworks Cruise
- Phish @ Madison Square Garden
- New Years Eve with the New York Philharmonic
- New Year’s Restaurant Dinner Reservations
Back to Top of NYC New Years Eve Parties
Best New Years Eve NYC Hotels
If watching the world’s most famous ball drop at midnight from your own New Year’s Eve NYC Hotel is on your bucket list, then don’t miss your chance to reserve your special New Year’s Eve bash in NYC. Some of our favorites include:
See More: Best New Years Eve NYC Hotels, each confirmed for 2021-2022 NYE.
You may also review our year-round Times Square Hotels and Neighborhood Guide
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruises – Best Sellers!
Every year, Circle Line’s Fireworks Cruises are the first to sell out, on both July 4th and New Years Eve. Soak up unforgettable views of the sparkling Manhattan skyline as you cruise along the New York Harbor, and enjoy unlimited drinks from the full bar accompanied by savory appetizers. At midnight, ring in the new year with a champagne toast and spectacular views of the Statue of Liberty fireworks display. Age 21+.
Back to Top of NYC New Years Eve Cruises
New Years Eve NYC Concerts and Shows 2021
- Phish – Dec 29 – Jan 1, 2022 @ MSG
- Blue Man Group – Astor Place Theatre
- Big Apple Circus – Lincoln Center
- New York Philharmonic
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular
New Years Eve Concerts and Shows NYC
More New Years Eve Fireworks Boat Cruises
Not yet updated for 2021-2022
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise – Sail the New York Harbor on a Yacht, featuring views of the famous New Year’s fireworks over the Statue of Liberty, 4-course dinner, midnight champagne toast and standard open bar. All Ages (21+ to drink).
- VIP: Exclusive NYC New Year’s Eve Luxury Dinner Cruise
- Exclusive: New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise with Lobster Dinner
- New Years Eve Fireworks Boat Party in New York
- Rock the Boat: New Year’s Eve Fireworks Party Cruise
- All NYC New Years Eve Options @ Viator
New Years Eve Family Friendly Parties
Not yet updated for 2021-2022. Looking for fun things to do on New Years Eve with your Under 21 year old dates? No problem, there are tons of fun and family-friendly ways to spend your NYE in NYC.
- Rockettes Christmas Spectacular (2021 Confirmed)
- New Year’s Eve Cruise with View of the NYC Skyline and Fireworks
- Spirit of New York New Year’s Eve Family Lunch
- Blue Man Group – Astor Place Theatre
- Big Apple Circus – Lincoln Center (2021 Confirmed)
More New Years Eve Parties (Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, Madame Tussauds, Bowlmour Lanes, Planet Hollywood and more!!!) see balldrop.com
New Years Eve with the New York Philharmonic
© New York Philharmonic
Definitely not one of your typical New Years Eve parties! Usher in the New Year with Alan Gilbert, the Philharmonic, and the musical duo, Igudesman and Joo, whom the Los Angeles Times crowned “The kings of classical music comedy … ”
More Info: www.nyphil.org
New Years Eve Discounts to Upscale Parties
Groupon New Year’s Eve has some great NYC deals! For New Years Eve, they have exclusive discount tickets to Times Square venues, Please Don’t Tell, Hotel Chantelle, Mondrian SoHo, the Dream Hotel, Yacht Cruises, Birreria and lots more! Definitely take a look at their offers and you’ll be amazed at how affordable Manhattan can be, without comprising quality!
Online New Year’s Dinner Reservations at Open Table
Hundreds of NYC restaurants will post their New Years Eve Party and Dinner in New York City menus and begin accepting online reservations at OpenTable in November, sometimes earlier. With menus ranging from traditional to innovative, you’re sure to find a restaurant that suits everyone’s taste.
New Years Eve in Times Square
If you’re willing to brave the cold and crowds, the stars that perform might make it worth your while. This is covered on over 1,000 websites, so I won’t spend much time on it. After all, this is the “non-tourist” tourist guide to NYC – and NO self-respecting New Yorkers do this on NYE. If you really want to see the ball drop in comfort, check out these Times Square Ball Drop Parties
If not the private party, then expect freezing temperatures outside for 7 or more hours, elbow to elbow with over 700,000 people, no bathrooms, backpacks or beverages. Once the ball drops, it will be an hour before you can even leave Times Square.
I did this when I was 16 years old, and it’s nice to be able to say you did it once, but you couldn’t pay me to do it again. Feeling Brave? timessquarenyc.org and newyearseve.nyc have the info you need and balldrop.com has tons of parties and tickets listed!
New Years Eve Spanish Style at Las Ramblas!
Celebrate New Years Eve at Las Ramblas – one of my favorite, tiny, but delicious, tapas restaurants in West Village. Las Ramblas hosts a spectacular night of fine tapas, wine, & celebration. Cava, traditional grapes, & party favors in abundance at 6pm (Spanish New Year) & 12 midnight. Hurry – Las Ramblas seats 28 people, but it is outstanding and a neighborhood gem. Not sure about the NYE menu, but generally, it is one of the best values in NYC. I bet their New Years Eve parties are great!
170 West 4th St (b/w Jones & Cornelia Streets & near 6th Avenue). 646.415.7924, lasramblasnyc.com
New Year’s Eve Parties with LIVE BALL DROP Views
Is seeing the Times Square Ball Drop on your Bucket List? Not for the light-walleted, these parties with LIVE Ball Drop Views will take one more thing off your New Year’s Bucket list…
- New York City Times Square New Year’s Eve Celebration
- AMC Times Square Live View Ball Drop Party – (Rated Best Views of the Ball Drop. 21+)
- Millennium Hotel 52nd Floor Party – Live ball drop from atop the 52nd Floor of the Millennium Hotel in Times Square
- Hyatt Bar 54 Times Square (21+)