Best NYC Hotels and Packages on NYE
If watching the world’s most famous ball drop at midnight from your own New Year’s Eve NYC Hotel is on your bucket list, then don’t miss your chance to reserve a special NYE package in NYC. By no means are most of these hotels for bargain hunters…but if paying for the privilege of having your own viewing area, refreshments, toilets, seats and not standing outside in the freezing cold with over 1 million other people craning your neck for hours on end appeals to you…read on.
Make sure to also read our full New Year’s Eve Party Guide
2021-2022 New Years Eve Hotels
So where will you watch the world’s most Famous New Year’s Eve party this year? From your hotel room, restaurant, lounge? All New Years Eve NYC reviews are paraphased from Trip Advisor and we have done our best to check if the hotel specials are current for 2021. Some hotels host private parties in their restaurants and rooftops on NYE, so a hotel reservation does not necessarily guarantee access to the private party. Please check specifically with your chosen hotel.
Which Hotels Offer New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Views in NYC?
- Margaritaville Resort Times Square
- M Social New York
- Times Square EDITION
- New York Marriott Marquis
- The Pearl Hotel
- The Knickerbocker (photo above)
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central
- Crowne Plaza Times Square NYE
- Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
- Hyatt Centric Times Square
Margaritaville Resort Times Square – New in 2021!
The brand new Margaritaville Resort Times Square is a completely unique and new concept in NYC – a beachy themed resort in the heart of Times Square! The 4th Floor LandShark Bar and Grill is home to Times Square’s ONLY outdoor (heated) pool, and the 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar on the hotel’s 31st & 32nd floors provides guests with views of the iconic New Year’s Eve Ball, Hudson River and NYC skyline. Margaritvaville has 234 island-inspired guest rooms, a fitness center, and a Tiki Bar. Reservations start June 2021. We don’t know exactly how NYE will work at Margaritaville, but we sure get the feeling it’s going to be AMAZING!
M Social New York – New in 2021!
The new M Social New York (formerly the Novotel), in the heart of Times Square, has 480 rooms, each with either Times Square, river or city views, as well as modern workspaces, ergonomic chairs, Serta mattresses and streaming-capable 4K smart TVs. The bar and lounge, Beast & Butterflies, is perched above Times Square boasting unobstructed views of the city and the perfect vantage point for the iconic Times Square Ball Drop from the 7500 square foot wrap around terrace. Reservations start May 2021.
- 226 W 52nd St, M Social New York
Times Square EDITION
The new in 2019 Times Square EDITION features 42 stories, 452 guest rooms, a signature restaurant leading out onto a 5,800 sq. ft. beer garden and event deck overlooking Times Square. You can celebrate New Year’s Eve at 701West, with their signature cocktails at the Salon along with a selection of canapes, followed by a special 6-course menu and live music entertainment. Welcome the New Year with a Champagne toast at midnight and an elevated Ball Drop experience! Your ticket to the 701West dinner includes guaranteed access to the Paradise Club after-party (21+).
- Discount Rates: Times Square EDITION
- 701 Seventh Avenue (@47th Street),
New York Marriott Marquis
The New York Marriott Marquis offers several choices on New Years Eve. They have 100+ guest rooms and suites with direct views of the ball drop, a private party in their Broadway Lounge (8th Floor), which overlooks Times Square and the ball drop and another party at their View Restaurant & Lounge (48th Floor), which has spectacular skyline views but no view of the ball drop, though they will have TV screens on which to watch the broadcast.
- Discount Rates: New York Marriott Marquis
Casablanca Hotel Times Square
‘…It’s truly the only way to see the Ball drop…each room got a complimentary bottle of champagne, the bar in the lounge offered complimentary (and limitless) wine, mixed drinks, cheese, fruits…meal at Tony’s was phenomenal…then up to the roof where we were greeted with cases upon cases of champagne and the New Year’s Eve ball seems close enough to touch.’
The Pearl Hotel
‘Great hotel, Perfect for New Years Eve. Big room (suite), excellent for family of four! Placed next to Times Square, got pass to get in and out of police barriers 24/7 on New Years Eve.’
- Discount Rates: The Pearl Hotel
The Knickerbocker (main page photo above)
The Knickerbocker receives rave reviews, especially for December 31st! Ring in the New Year from the St. Cloud rooftop bar, which has a surreal view of the New Years Eve Ball. "New York, New Year’s Eve, Times Square, private party on roof top where you can watch the ball drop 180 feet away – what else could you ask for?"
- Discount Rates: The Knickerbocker
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square
‘This is THE hotel to be at on New Year’s Eve. You can see the ball from right in front of the hotel. We also had special hotel privileges, meaning we could go in and out of the hotel all night long and not be forced to wait in the mob for hours and hours.’
- Discount Rates: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central
‘We had a GREAT room on the 36th (top) floor that I could see Times Square and the New Years Eve ball from. The staff always had a smile and was VERY helpful.’
- Discount Rates: Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Soak up the excitement of Times Square like a VIP and join us on New Years’ Eve for a once in a life time celebration. Select one of our five NYE packages, including the Times Square Platinum Package and exclusive Ball Drop Pen package and watch the NYE Times Square ball drop at midnight from our private viewing area with unobstructed views.
- Discount Rates: Crowne Plaza Times Square NYE
- Direct Site: Ultimate New Year’s Eve Experience
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
‘We could also see the Times Square ball drop if we were right next to the window. This was our first trip to NYC and having such a cool room in the tallest hotel in NYC made it extra special. We went to the hotel’s NYE reception which was fun and all the staff we interacted with were great.’
- Discount Rates: Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park – Insider Tip: Get a room on a high floor, 50+ should be good but check with the hotel
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
‘The venue was unbeatable. It overlooked Times Square, and looked right down it’s throat to the signs at the other end, where the famous ball dangled. If you can get over the cost, and simply want the best New Year’s Eve celebrations overlooking Times Square, then check out the Renaissance Hotel.’
- Discount Rates: Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
More New Years Eve NYC Hotels
The following hotels offer NYE in Times Square benefits & perks (like special passes to get through some of the barricades), but not necessarily private Ball Drop views.
- Hyatt Centric Times Square – while not having any special rooms with NYE views (I think there may be one), the Hyatt partners with balldrop.com to host a NYE Gala at their 54th floor rooftop, Bar 54, which has a view of the ball drop.
- The Muse Hotel – ‘Location was terrific for the whole Times Square New Years Eve. Though the Times Square experience for New Years Eve was horrible, the hotel was great. They gave us passes so we could easily get through the barricaded street back to our hotel.’
- Hotel Edison Times Square – ‘Helpful and accommodating during the 2012 New Year’s Eve. I would not have survived the Times Square Ball Drop if not for the hotel keeping me warm and cozy and away from all the chaos…located right at Times Square, does not have a view of the count down but you can go down from time to time to check out what’s happening in the street or 10 minutes prior to the countdown to celebrate with the crowd.’
- Millennium Broadway Hotel – "Exclusive New Year’s Eve package in Millennium Broadway and The Premier. We’re ready to cater to your every need; guiding you into the new year – in style. Our New Year’s Eve Ball Drop offer includes Guaranteed view of the iconic ball drop…"
NYC Hotels Near One Times Square
The Times Square Ball drops from a pole located on top of One Times Square (the little yellow marker on the map below). Tip: Do not enter anything in the "Where are you going" field – just enter your dates.
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels
New Year’s Eve in New York City
Just in case a New Years Eve NYC Hotel doesn’t work out this year, make sure to check out our full New Year’s Eve Party Guide.
- Dinner Cruises with Fireworks
- Private indoor parties around Times Square with view of ball drop
- Special dinners at thousands of restaurants
- New Years Eve with the New York Philharmonic
- Family-friendly NYE options
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
Download over 100 pages of NYC maps, information and recommendations in less than 5 minutes! Our NYC Insider Printable Map Guide Book, Travel Planner and Bonus Map Guides include organized, easy to follow, color coded guides, detailed maps of every neighborhood, weekly chart of Free Museum Days and Times and free weekly neighborhood tours, Best of NYC Categories and lists by ALL native New Yorkers. Download everything you need to know NYC Like a Pro and make the most of your NYC vacation.
Loving the guide so far! I’ve been studying it for our upcoming trip. My favorite part is that you’ve provided what to see and where to eat in each area! We will be taking our cheat sheets with us as we visit each place! Honestly, I am not sure what you could have done better – it is so detailed, I love it!
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels
More Info New Years Eve NYC:
More New York City Hotel Deals
Best Hotels for NYC Events & Holidays
NYC events and holidays bring in massive amounts of visitors, all of which want prime views and access to the July 4th fireworks, Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, New Year's Eve fireworks, Marathon finish line and more. Here are our top hotel picks for NYC's most popular annual events.
NYC Hotels by Type
NYC offers hotels of every type you can imagine. Boutique hotels with cool features like pools, rooftops and gyms, to suite hotels which are more comfortable for families or those who want more apartment-type lodging, to cheap budget hotels with bunk beds, check out our top choices appealing to all budgets and tastes.
NYC Hotels by Amenity
Turn your NYC stay into your home away from home with our amazing hotel amenities. Get an in-room jacuzzi tub to soothe after a long day of sightseeing, check into a hotel with an amazing rooftop to watch our skyline twinkle at you while sipping a cocktail and dive into the nooks and crannies of Central Park with a free bike. We've hand picked all the best of the best - the places where New Yorkers check into for a stay-cation.
New York City Hotel Map
Top of New York City Hotel Deals
NYC Hotels By Attraction - I Want To Be Near...
Back to Top of New York City Hotel Deals
How to Save on Hotels in New York City
Check out all our tips and dozens of promo codes to help save on NYC Hotels. Whether you are visiting NYC on a budget, or just looking to save a little on luxury, we share all our insight on How to Save on Hotels in New York City.
Top of New York City Hotel Deals
NYC Hotel Deals By Neighborhood
Manhattan Neighborhood Map