Hilarious and Raunchy
Written by “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone together with Avenue Q’s Robert Lopez, The Book of Mormon takes the hit TV series’ trademark satirical, intelligent humor and translates it into an adult-only traditional Broadway Musical Comedy.
Read The NYC Insider Guide Review
Book of Mormon Ticket Options
Synopsis: The Book of Mormon centers on two young Mormon missionaries sent off to spread the word in a dangerous part of Uganda. Their tale is told alongside the founder Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The musical follows two young Mormon teens, Elder Price and Elder Cunningham, as they head to Africa for two years of missionary work. Once they arrive in Uganda, the Mormons are robbed at gunpoint, a guy walks by dragging a dead donkey, a woman staggers under the weight of water in plastic buckets, and then their local contact arrives to lead them in a cheery “Hakuna Matata”-style song: “Vas adiga illahay.” “Does it mean ‘No worries for the rest of our days,’” one of the Mormons asks hopefully. “Kind of,” the Ugandan replies with an exaggerated smile as he begins the next verse — about female circumcision, AIDS and a few other plagues. He translates each word individually and then, still smiling, “I guess it means, “F*** you, God.’” There’s more, but you’ll just have to see Book of Mormon to laugh out loud.
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- NewYork.com - discounts, great selection, reviews, availability
- Great Selection and Reviews @ Broadway.com
- Ticket Liquidator Coupon - $10 off $250+ code WINTERTL
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for Broadway houses not covered by Ticketmaster
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
Book of Mormon on Broadway Sneak Preview
Eugene O’Neill Theatre Seating Chart
Handicap Access is only available to the Orchestra section. There is no elevator to the mezzanine. The restroom is NOT wheelchair accessible, it is located down 1 flight of steps.
Book of Mormon Broadway Musical Comedy Schedule
Most Popular Broadway Shows
See All: List of Broadway Shows
- 2011 Best Musical + 8 Other Tony Awards
- Eugene O’Neill Theatre, 230 West 49th St
- Previews February 24, 2011, Opened March 24, 2011
- Mon: Dark, Tu-Th 7:00pm, Fri: 8:00pm, Sa-Su: 2:00pm, 8:00pm