…Where Should We Eat Thanksgiving Dinner in NYC?
With hundreds of delicious choices for Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City, it may be hard for you to choose just one place. Many NYC restaurants will offer a special pre-fixe holiday menu and you can pick from the most innovative menus to spectacular boat cruises with amazing skyline views around Manhattan. Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 27, 2014
Thanksgiving Day Lunch or Dinner Cruise – New in NYC
Cruise around New York Harbor on an elegant yacht while you enjoy this family-friendly Thanksgiving Day Lunch or Dinner Cruise. Enjoy your 3 course traditional Thanksgiving feast, while watching our always-fabulous skyline cruise by: skyscrapers, the Statue of Liberty and more.
Lunch: 1:30pm (2 hours), Dinner 7pm (3 hours).
After an amuse bouche, the three course meal starts with your choice of roasted butternut squash soup, lobster macaroni and cheese, green salad or roasted beet salad. Entrees include a choice of roasted turkey breast, filet mignon au poivre, pistachio crusted salmon or butternut squash ravioli.
More Info: Thanksgiving Day Lunch or Dinner Cruise
NYC Thanksgiving Dinner Choices
Enjoy several Thanksgiving Dinner options in NYC, from breakfast through dinner. Choose from:
Or add any of these choices on to a Thanksgiving Hotel Package and save.
Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise in New York City
Experience spectacular views of Manhattan and the New York skyline as you enjoy an exceptionally prepared Thanksgiving meal on board World Yacht, one of the City’s best cruise lines.
With all the scrumptious trimmings of a traditional Thanksgiving meal and breathtaking New York City views as an ever-changing backdrop, this 4-course dinner cruise is a great way to sightsee New York City and make your Thanksgiving Day unforgettable.
More Info: NYC Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise
Note: The Thanksgiving Menu is posted here: http://worldyacht.com/cruises_events/thanksgiving_cruise.aspx. The cruises are the same, but CitySights includes taxes and fees, while the World Yacht site will add them upon checkout.
Skip Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City – See a Show!
Thanksgiving Broadway Shows in New York City! Not into a traditional turkey dinner? No worries, grab yourself (and the kids) and get tickets to one of the few shows open on Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving in New York City – Open Shows
- Big Apple Circus (1pm)
- Pippin (8pm)
- Les Miserables (7pm)
- Phantom of the Opera (8pm)
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular, with the Rockettes (2pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm)
- Disney on Ice: Frozen – 11am
Thanksgiving Day Dinner in Times Square NYC
Come join Croton Reservoir Tavern for great food, great drinks and a truly great NYC experience, only steps away from The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. We will be offering a $45 Price Fixe from 12 – 8pm which includes a choice of traditional Turkey Dinner with all the fixings, Beef Short Rib, Grilled Salmon or Pumpkin Ravioli. Please make sure to tell us the NYC Insider Guide sent you! More Info: Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Croton Tavern Times Square NYC
Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City
Many restaurants serve Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City, and most of them will serve pre-fix dinners.
Remember, these are days when restaurants know mostly NYC Visitors, and not their repeat customers, are dining. They know they have a captive audience and price accordingly. If your Thanksgiving Dinner at home is truly special and wonderful, then don’t try and replace it. Do something different – and something very NYC!
Eat in Little Italy or Chinatown, for example. Go to Greenwich Village, SoHo, West Village or Union Square. After all, this is where NYers live, so if they are eating out, these restaurants are catering to their local regulars. Get away from the crowds and the other tourists and have a slice of NYC all to yourself.
Online Thanksgiving Reservations at Open Table
Hundreds of NYC restaurants post their Thanksgiving Dinner in New York City menus and begin accepting online reservations at OpenTable in early November. With menus ranging from traditional to innovative, you’re sure to find a restaurant that suits everyone’s taste.
NYC Restaurants At Half Off? You Bet!!
EVERY DAY, dozens of top NYC Restaurants offer half off deals. The sooner you sign up (FREE) for the best NYC Deal Lists, the sooner you start saving!
Eat at New York Restaurants half off or more at the Top 3 NYC Deal Sites:
30% Off Your Bill
Half Off Luxury Dining
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
Download over 100 pages of NYC maps, information and recommendations in less than 5 minutes! Our NYC Insider Printable Map Guide Book includes organized, easy to follow, color coded guides to NYC, detailed maps of every neighborhood, weekly chart of Free Museum Days and Times and free weekly neighborhood tours, Best of NYC Categories and lists by ALL native New Yorkers and much more.
The New York City Travel Guide 2015 is your NYC PRE VACATION Guide, sort of like, “New York City 101.” This book is an overview of NYC to help you PLAN your trip so you make the absolute MOST of your time and money here. Think of this book as the guide to answer all the most commonly asked questions and avoid the most common NYC Vacation and Trip Planning mistakes.
The NYC Map Printable Bonus Guide is a 14 page downloadable Bonus Guide, compiled of the best free, downloadable local neighborhood maps with stores and shops block by block put together by our local NYC neighborhood associations; all formatted and ready for you to print.
Stay Tuned for 2014 Updates Below
Thanksgiving Day Dinner Cruise – New in NYC
Not available in 2014. See this: Thanksgiving Day Lunch or Dinner Cruise
Cruise around New York Harbor on an elegant yacht while you enjoy this family-friendly Thanksgiving Day Dinner Cruise by Hornblower Cruises. Feast on a sumptuous Thanksgiving buffet made with the freshest seasonal ingredients as the resident Hornblower DJ entertains you during your three-hour voyage (4pm to 7pm).
After you’ve had your fill of turkey and desserts, take in all the sights with your camera as you cruise past the Statue of Liberty and capture other wonderful images of the New York City skyline and landmarks you can only get from the water. After you’re stuffed, and have all the best photos, unwind by watching football on flat screen TVs on the ship.
More Info: Thanksgiving Day Dinner Cruise
Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise of New York Harbor
Sign up for 2014 Updates: Half Price tickets ($29.40 – $50.40) available at: Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise of New York Harbor
There’s no better way to celebrate Thanksgiving and make new memories than with a scenic dinner cruise. View New York Harbor’s magnificent sunset from your seat aboard one of Statue Cruises’ spacious private yachts. Invite friends and family to join you as you take in the glorious view of the skyline from the water, enjoying such iconic sights as the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and Ellis Island. The cruise includes a Thanksgiving Buffet Dinner, a cash bar and live DJ entertainment.
NYC Thanksgiving Dinner at Bubby’s
Both Bubby’s will be open for Thanksgiving, serving dinner from 5pm to 11pm on Thursday November 28th.
Dinner is “Pay Whatever You Like!” with a generous portion of the proceeds going to the New York City Rescue Mission, the oldest homeless shelter in America, and a Tribeca neighbor, providing help to people in crisis since 1872.
How GREAT is that?
NYC Thanksgiving Dinner at PJ Clarkes
Join PJ Clarke’s at any of their NYC locations (Third Ave, Hudson and Lincoln Center) for a pre-fixe Thanksgiving Dinner.
More Info: http://www.pjclarkes.com
Thanksgiving Dinner with TIO PEPE and CASA PEPE
Both restaurants offer a $30 (Children under 12, $15) Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner which includes:
Shrimp Cocktail, Black Bean Soup, Roast Turkey Dinner with choice of sides, Flan or Pumpkin Pie and Coffee or Tea.
Tio Pepe (West Village)
Casa Pepe, 114 Bay Ridge Ave
Thanksgiving Dinner in Times Square NYC
If you’re looking to eat dinner with all the other NYC tourists, Times Square is the place to be!
Following is pre-2014 information.
- Applebees offers both a Thanksgiving Stay Warm Breakfast ($30) and a Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet ($40 pp) from 2-8pm.
- Aureole Thanksgiving Brunch Buffet, 8:30am to 12pm. As the parade makes its way down 42nd Street, you will have spectacular views. Brunch menu includes 2 courses, assorted pastries, Bloody Marys and Mimosas, coffee, tea and juice. $250 per person, all inclusive.
- Barbetta is serving traditional Thanksgiving dinner in their 105 year old restaurant. Roast Turkeys. both Domestic And Wild, Smithfield Ham, Organic Yams, Cranberry Relishes, Cornbread and Pies. $75 Adults, $45 Children under 12. 12-8 pm. Updated for 2011.
- Carmine’s is offering a traditional family style feast with Turkey and all the trimmings. $195 feeds a family of 8-10 people.
- Village Pourhouse Restaurant Row – 11/23/2011 – 11/24/2011 Enjoy a turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sandwich, complete with our fresh french fries, for just $9.99… all day on Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving Day! Also, all Vision Vodka & Cranberry cocktails are 2-for-1 both days!
- Try a Latin Thanksgiving at Havana Central including a Blood Orange Mojito Appetizer: Savory Ground Beef, Sweet Plantain Casserole topped with Melted Manchego Cheese Entree: Cuban Spiced Turkey or Roast Pork Shank -with choice of- Chorizo Stuffing, Sonia’s Candied Yams, Garlic Mash & Cranberry Orange Mojo Dessert: Pumpkin Flan $35 per person Tax and Gratuity Not Included In addition to our Holiday Special, we will be serving our Regular Dinner Menu.
- Additional restaurants: R Lounge at Two Times Square, Social Bar & Lounge,and Carolines on Broadway Comedy Club. Complete Guide to Thanksgiving Dinner in Times Square NYC at http://www.timessquarenyc.org under Deals.
Sarabeth’s Central Park South
Sarabeth’s offers Thanksgiving Dinner at their two locations. One is on Central Park South, right in the center of the Thanksgiving Parade and probably the busiest part of the city.
The other is on the Upper West Side, which is a quieter location (and my preferred choice).
Thanksgiving Menu 2011: Adults – $60 Children under 12 – $40, 1-9 pm
1) Roasted Pumpkin Soup or Maryland Crab Cake
2) Warm Goat Cheese Salad
3) Turkey, Steak or Bouillabaisse
4) Pumpkin Pie, Apple Crumb Pie or Pecan Pie vanilla bean ice cream
5) Coffee or tea
Sarabeth’s Central Park South, 40 Central Park South (1-9 pm)
Sarabeth’s West, 423 Amsterdam Ave, (1-8 pm), slightly different menu
Thanksgiving Dinner in Union Square NYC
Make Union Square your home Thanksgiving 2014. With menus ranging from conventional to innovative, you’re sure to find a perfect place for your holiday gathering.
Here are some of Union Square’s best bets for a delicious Thanksgiving meal:
- Back Forty will serve family style from 2 PM-7 PM with heritage birds and the usual fixings.
- Blue Water Grill offers a 3-course menu with raw bar and sushi menu options and live jazz from 1 PM-10 PM.
- Craft is presenting a 4-course meal from 2 PM-8 PM, with main course selections including roasted turkey, sirloin and salmon.
- Hearth is open from 2 PM-7 PM and the menu features pecan tart or pumpkin pudding cake for desert.
- Visit Tocqueville from 12 PM-9 PM for both traditional and non-traditional selections including their famous “Tocqueville Toddy.”
- Ponty Bistro will serve a customary 3-course menu as well as Wildwood BBQ with all the fixins’ including molasses-roasted sweet potatoes.
- Vegetarians can check out Pure Food and Wine’s menu from 3 PM-9 PM, including a tasty pumpkin seed & sage tart.
- Just looking for a delectable pie to take home? ‘wichcraft offers pick-up or delivery of its signature apple crumb, pumpkin with graham cracker crust, and pecan pies. More info on Thanksgiving Dinner in Union Square NYC.
Back to Thanksgiving in NYC