Admission to New York City’s Top 6 Attractions
The New York CityPASS (City Pass New York) is the most basic New York City Pass, and offers you a direct savings with minimal marketing tricks. If the six attractions on this City Pass New York are in your New York vacation plans, then the New York CityPASS is a great value.
New!!! Choice of 9/11 Memorial & Museum or Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
City Pass New York – Cost of Attractions
The New York CityPASS is a ticket booklet with Admission to six attractions over 9 days. Cost: $116 Adult. $92 Kids 6-17.
1) Empire State Experience ($30)
2) American Museum of Natural History and Space Show ($27)
3) Guggenheim Museum ($25) OR Top of the Rock ($26)
4) 9/11 Memorial & Museum ($24) OR Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum ($24)
5) The Met (Suggested Donation $25)
6) Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise ($36) OR Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Cruise ($18).
Extra Value included:
- $5 coupon for NYC Bus Tour
- 15% Bloomingdales certificate
- 15% off plus priority seating at Patina Group Restaurants
CityPASS New York
“Whether you’re looking for stories to tell, moments to share, or memories you’ll never forget, CityPASS makes sure you’ll take something special home with you.”
City Pass New York – Included Attractions
City Pass New York – NYC Insider Notes
Museum of Natural History – Planetarium Space Show is included in the City Pass New York, but not The New York Pass or Explorer Pass. Museum access is a $19 suggested donation or admission to the Museum and Space Show is $25 at all times. Add $20 to the New York Pass or $12 to the New York City Explorer Pass (the first two) for the Space Show. The Planetarium is a must-see for kids, and frankly, I think for all adults as well.
Statue of Liberty – getting Statue of Liberty tickets for INSIDE the Statue of Liberty Museum is difficult and there is only ONE way to get this reservation. Do not confuse getting a reservation for Statue of Liberty tickets with the New York City Pass Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Cruise to Liberty Island to walk the Liberty Grounds.
City Pass New York – How it Works
New York CityPASS is a dollar-bill-size ticket booklet that contains six real admission tickets to New York’s most famous attractions.
There are three ways to the get the New York CityPASS ticket booklet:
1) Purchase the City Pass New York booklet online and have it shipped to you
2) Purchase the New York City pass booklet online, choose the e-ticket option, print your voucher at home and redeem it for the booklet at any of the 6 attractions (best for buyers outside of U.S, Canada or U.K.).
3) Buy the City Pass New York when you arrive in New York City. Booklets don’t cost a dime more, and are available at every participating CityPASS attraction.
Every attraction has signs indicating where CityPASS ticket holders may present their ticket booklets to avoid most entrance ticket lines. The CityPASS location is listed on the front of each attraction ticket. However, these are the most-popular attractions in New York City – and the U.S. – and there may be lines in summer, on weekends and holidays. In addition, there are unavoidable airport-like security lines to clear at the Empire State Building and before boarding a Statue Cruises ferry to visit Ellis and Liberty islands.
New York City Pass – Testimonials
nyctraveller – Minnesota
For someone who wants to experience as much as possible on a trip, the city pass was perfect. I will be recommending that my Dad picks up a City Pass New York on his planned visit to NYC. Loved skipping the lines at the Top of the Rock to view the sun setting on Manhattan, we would have missed it otherwise!
Jennifer – San Diego, CA
Just returned from my first trip to NYC. Bought the City Pass at the recommendation of a friend. It was more than worth it. Not only does it save a few dollars overall, but more importantly to me is it allows you in the ‘VIP’ or group entrances and you can save so much time not waiting in the long lines everywhere…which allows more time for sight-seeing! Will definitely use CityPass again!
michelle – edinburgh
Absolutely brilliant value when you do the math. We were in NYC for 6 days and used all our vouchers making it well worth it. I will be recommending this to anyone I knwo is going to New York and would consider buying a pass if i visited any of the other cities on offer. To save money on travel also, buy a weekly metro pass for $27 for all buses & subway trips for 7 days! You know it makes sense.
Daniel – Basque Country
CityPass covers the main attractions for a first time visit to NYC of about 7 days. The best part of it is skipping the lines. So get your citypass but don’ t tell anybody else! And don´t forget what is not included in the pass: go to a musical, a basketball game, dine in Soho, stroll around the streets, etc. And visit Rockefeller Center at 4:30 pm on a Wednesday and say hi to the grannies.
Tell us about your City Pass New York and help others choose the best pass for their NYC vacation.
Which is the BEST NYC Pass? Download our FREE Guide!
- New York Pass - 80+ Attractions included, use 1-10 days. Good for one year from purchase date, so buy when on sale! More: New York Pass
- CityPASS - 41% off Top 6 Attractions. Choice of 9/11 Memorial & Museum or Intrepid. Includes Empire State Building, Circle Line Cruise, Museum of Natural History and more. More: CityPASS
- Customize Your NYC Pass - Choose from 55+ attractions and pay ONLY for the attractions you want to see. Save 20% Off Regular Admission! More: Customize Your NYC Pass
Ready for More Things to do in NYC?
Additional New York City Pass Discount Advantages
- Budgeting – know what you’re going to spend and potential exchange rate bonus
- Lines – unpredictable, but they may gain you an advantage, they certainly can’t hurt
- All come with mini guide books and coupons to different things
The New York City Pass Discounts only offer you entrance to a small part of what makes New York City so special. Ultimately, you have to decide how much you want to take on while you’re here, and how much room you want to leave for our New York City Events and Neighborhoods. Remember, some of us live exhilarating lives here and go years without seeing any attractions at all.
Read our Discloure on NYC Pass Discounts.