Welcome to our NEW Event and Business Listing showcase. Choose from FREE or FEATURED Business Listings or FEATURED Events. You many add any event, show, concert, festival, restaurant, venue, tour, hotel, restaurant, attraction and more in NYC.
Business Listing Guidelines (Featured and Free)
- Promote your store, restaurant, hotel or other full-time business to a variety of NYC tourists and locals.
- This is a place for you to really feature your business. Must be at least 500 words, include at least 1 image, a link to your website and generally highlight your business. It is a place to feature your business to our site visitors, so please make it count.
- Choose from multiple business promotion packages or get a free listing.
- Upload photos, descriptions, contact info, store hours, coupons and more.
- MUST be a physical business in NYC – no online business, services or apps being accepted at this time.
- More Business Listing Guidelines and the form to submit your business (after reading ALL guidelines)
Event Guidelines (Featured Only)
ONLY FEATURED EVENT SUBMISSIONS BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
(75% of Events Submitted are Never Published – Don’t Waste Your Time, Read the Guidelines)
- Event title MUST be Simple and Descriptive. Include a descriptive word such as sample sale, show, festival, concert, charity, art exhibit. – Good Event Title, “Book of Mormon Broadway Musical Comedy”; – Bad Event Titles, “Hottest New Satire of Latter Day Saints” or “Celebration & Reflection” or “Happy Times” (yes, these are real submissions we’ve received). This isn’t about cute marketing or PR gimmicks. The nature of your event should be perfectly clear in your headline.
- Events must be submitted in article form, not as a Press Release. The first paragraph MUST be a Full Paragraph and be several continuous sentences of at least 5 lines of text.
- NO PRESS RELEASES. Original content not published elsewhere only.
- If the event is not Manhattan, public transportation must be included.
- Events submitted without payment will be automatically deleted.
- Click here to Submit Your NYC Business after reading more Event Listing Guidelines
Guidelines for Both Business and Event Listings
- Image Names – Must include at least one photograph, named descriptively. Do NOT upload images with generic names such as “image-1” or “logo” or “flyer.” (Name your images to coordinate with your post, such as “nike-shoes-sample-sale.jpg.” Images with generic names such as “image-1” or “logo” or “flyer” will be deleted.
- Image Size Restrictions – Image maximum upload size is 100 kb and max width is 500px. No exceptions, as larger files will be automatically deleted. Please use picmonkey.com to format your image.
- Correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. This is a quality website and only quality submissions will be accepted.
- You are limited to ONLY ONE live link in your post to another website.
- Must appeal to a wide audience
- Please allow AT LEAST 10 business days for listings to go live, as I review each event personally.
- Please SHARE your page once it goes live! The power of group posting allows a site with more links and likes to get YOU much more traffic.
I really try my best to accomodate all businesses and events, but my ultimate goal is always to maintain a successful site, which takes time and resources. Submissions that DO follow the guidelines still take me 15 minutes each to approve, so I am quick to delete any that don’t follow these instructions precisely.
Please Note: Not all listings will be posted. They must fit with the theme of the NYC Insider Guide and appeal to a wide audience of both Tourists and Locals. Generally, only Manhattan listings will be posted. Religious events, one day business conferences and one-night shows at small venues, especially outside of Manhattan, will likely not be posted.
- Read all instructions above and get your text and image ready per guideliness
- Choose a package below and pay
- After you pay, click "Return to Merchant"
- If, for any reason, you are not redirected, please go to www.nycinsiderguide.com/submit-your-new-york-city-event
- If you have any trouble, please email me at melissa @ nycinsiderguide.com.
- Note: Your Paypal receipt will use the business name: FilmProposals-NYC Insider Guide
Ready? Choose Your Event Package and Get Posting! Thank You!
Empire Event Package
- Big Apple Package Plus:
- Social Media/RSS Blast – Twitter, Facebook, RSS, and over 3,500 newsletter subscribers
Big Apple Event Package
- Liberty package PLUS:
- 2 Categories
- Special placement on main Monthly Events page (usually Google position 1-3)
- 10,000+ additional page views per month
Liberty Event Package
- Full page listing
- 1 Event Category
- 1 image
Sample Sale Package
- ONLY for Sample Sales
- Full page listing in Sample Sale Category
- Link from main sample sale calendar, 1 image.
- Consider Big Apple or Empire Packages for massive promotion (includes all Sample Sale Event features)