The great thing about the best kosher restaurants in New York City is that we go far beyond a bagel and shmear or matzoh ball soup. While we do serve some of the best of those in the world, NYC’s kosher restaurants also deliver amazing Chinese, Italian, French, Mexican, sushi, steak, gluten-free and other cuisines. In NYC, you are not limited by eating kosher, the hardest part will be narrowing your amazing choices.
- Sacred Chow – Tiny nook preparing organic, vegan kosher cuisine for lunch, brunch, dinner & dessert. Greenwich Village.
- Tiffin Wallah (Chennai Garden) – Vegetarian & kosher Southern Indian fare, including dosas & more, plus a low-cost lunch buffet. Gramercy.
- Bravo Kosher Pizza – top rated NYC Pizza (kosher or not) right by the Empire State Building and Broadway. Reviewers say “food was super yummy and they had a lot of variety: pizza, pasta, calzones, salads, sushi, poke, stir fry and breakfast food.” Midtown West, 107 W 37th St (b/w Broadway & 6th Ave)
- Abiagel’s – globally eclectic American fare, Latin comfort foods and Sushi & Pan Asian specialties, from short ribs to sushi. Midtown West, near Broadway
- Wolf and Lamb Steakhouse – favorites include pastrami and duck sausage pizza, braised short ribs gnocchi, sliders and of course, steak and potatoes. 16 E 48th St, Midtown East
- Le Marais – kosher french and steak restaurant. Midtown and an absolute NYC favorite whether kosher or not.
- Talia’s Steakhouse – Wide-ranging menu, live music & sidewalk cafe seats lure diners to this glatt kosher steakhouse. "Far more affordable than Prime Grill and Le Marais and the food is great. Steaks melt like butter, but they also have lots of chicken and fish. Wines are also good. Definitely try to stop by. It’s worth it." taliassteakhouse.com. Upper West Side (93rd & Amsterdam).
- Kasbah Grill – Casual exposed-brick dining room featuring grilled Glatt kosher meats, burgers, BBQ, sushi & more. “Alright food, a little more expensive than your typical Kosh deli. So-so option.” Upper West Side
- 2nd Avenue Deli – a classic NYC institution with the best matzoh ball soup, pickles, corned beef, pastrami and chopped liver. 2nd Ave Deli serves huge portions and in "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," Jerry Seinfeld takes Jim Gaffigan there to enjoy their famous pastrami. Not to be confused with Katz’s Deli, famous for the scene in "When Harry Met Sally," as Katz’s is kosher-style, not kosher. 2nd Ave Deli has two locations: Midtown East on 33rd between Lex and Third Aves, and on the Upper East Side at 1442 1st Avenue @ 75th Street.
- Russ & Daughters – another classic NYC institution famous for their bagels, legendary smoked salmon lox, caviar and more. Their original location on the Lower East Side is not kosher, however, their shop at the Jewish Museum, on Museum Mile, is certified. 1109 5th Ave @ 92nd St, Upper East Side.
- Ben’s Kosher Deli – very popular, classic NYC Jewish deli. W 38th St, Midtown West.
- Caravan Of Dreams – Casual bohemian atmosphere, inventive vegan dishes, mostly raw, kosher & organic with a full bar and live music. 405 E 6th St, East Village.
- LuAnns Wild Ginger – Asian vegan cuisine (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). Locations in Little Italy, Carroll Gardens, Fort Greene, Crown Heights.
Kosher Restaurants in Brooklyn
- The Loft – steakhouse and sushi off 13th Avenue in Borough Park. Well known for large parties and celebrations, brisket that "melts in your mouth," cocktails and an upscale and trendy vibe.
- LuAnns Wild Ginger – Carroll Gardens, Fort Greene, Crown Heights.
- Squeeze – new poke and smoothie shop in Midwood
Explore and Indulge Like a Real NYC Foodie
There is no shortage of pizza, bagels, street vendors, cupcakes, craft beer and cocktails, rooftops and mini food parks to explore and so many more food choices in the five boroughs, along with wonderful guides who can't wait to show you them all!!!!
NYC Restaurant Guides
- New York Restaurant Guides
- Kosher Restaurants
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free
- How to Save on NYC Restaurants
- New York Restaurant Week
- Thanksgiving Dinner in NYC