Shoes start at $125! CASH ONLY
Source: Madison Avenue Spy
NYC Sample Sale Tips
Having been to dozens of sample sales, here are my best NYC Insider Tips.
- Check the website for what types of payment will be accepted, as many are just cash or just credit cards.
- Bring minimal “stuff” (purses, coats, etc.) as many sales will request you check your bags.
- Do not count on dressing rooms. Some sales have them, some don’t, and those that do may have very long lines. Know your sizes in each brand.
- Bring a huge empty bag for sales that don’t you require you check your bags. Especially for shoe sales, like Manolo Blahnik. Then, grab up 5 or more pairs at a time and go to the center of the room and try them on. If you pick shoes and try on one at a time – you’ll miss out while others are grabbing your favorites.
- Short on cash but have a bad shopping habit? Before you go, check sites like Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys to see what’s hot now. Buy some extra shoes and resell them on EBay. You’ll probably make at least double what you paid and get your own shoes free.
- Some sales (again, like Manolo) require the checkout ladies mark your shoes on the insole with a marker. Ask the girls at check-out REALLY (I mean REALLY!) nicely to go light on the magic marker lines they put through the Manolo tag. As soon as you get home, rub off the lines gently and lightly with a cotton swab and nail polish remover. Violà …brand new shoes for $100!
More NYC Sample Sales: NYC Sample Sale Calendar
New York City Shopping Guides
- New York City Shopping Guide
- Shopping in NYC Department Stores
- Discount Budget Shopping in NYC
- Resale and Consignment Shops
- Shopping Guides by Neighborhood
- NYC Designer Sample Sales
- New York Outlet Malls
- New York City Gift Shopping
- Holiday Markets in NYC
- New York City Shopping Tours
- Add YOUR NYC Shop,Tour, Sample Sale
NYC Sample Sales
Waiting for your favorite sample sale to be listed? Keep up on Sample Sales:
Follow the NYC Insider Sample Sale Calendar on Facebook
The NYC Insider Printable Guide
Includes over 20 Discount and Outlet Shopping Locations rarely advertised in New York City. Not just discount chains, but REAL NYC Insider shopping secrets open to the public.
Did you know you can just walk into a specific Theory store and get 30% off any current item? If they don't have it in stock, they will special order it for you.
Get all our NYC Shopping Secrets on one page with a map (and some store manager's names!) so you'll know where the bargains are everywhere in NYC.
Prior Manolo Blahnik Sample Sales:
May 22, 2019 – 11am to 4pm
October 25, 2017
November 8, 2016 – 10am to 5pm
April 27, 2016
November 4, 2015, 11am-4pm
May 13-14, 2015: Wed 12-4 (Press Only), Thurs 9-4 (usually open to public)
October 29, 2014
May 1, 2014
65 W 54th Street, 2nd Floor (@6th Ave)
New York, NY 10019
November 14, 2015; 9am – 4pm
Manolo Blahnik Sample Sale (Press Sale) – in Connecticut
University of Connecticut’s West Hartford Campus, School of Social Work
85 Lawler Road
Bantam, Connecticut 06750