A Mother, A Daughter, 3 Possible Dads
CLOSED. See the current: List of NYC Broadway Shows
And a trip down the aisle you’ll never forget!
Hurry – Closing September 12, 2015!!!
ABBA’s greatest hits are woven into a sunny tale set on a Greek island. On the eve of her wedding, a bride’s quest to discover her father’s identity brings three men from her mother’s past back to the place they last visited 20 years ago. This is what a Broadway hit musical sounds like: They’ve taken the completely winning songbook of ABBA’s greatest hits and wrapped them around a whole new story about love and family.
Broadway Musical Synopsis: Set in a beach resort in the Mediterranean, Mamma Mia! tells the story of Sophie, a bride-to-be with one wish: to have her absent father walk her down the aisle. After reading passages about three old lovers in her mom’s diary, Sophie sends each a wedding invitation in hopes of learning which is her dad.
The arrival of the men from her past is surprising to Donna, Sophie’s fiercely independent mother, who prides herself on getting through life without a man, and highly amusing to Donna’s two best gal pals. The more Sophie and her mother struggle to find truth and understanding, the more it threatens to tear them apart and wreck Sophie’s dream wedding.
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- ShowTickets - discounts, great selection, reviews, availability
- Broadway.com - NYC's Broadway experts
- Use Code NYCIG10 for 15% off ALL Tickets
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for Broadway houses not covered by Ticketmaster
- Ticketmaster Deals - lots of shows with 2 For 1, Me+3 and 4-Pack deals (just saw Frozen listed)
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
Mamma Mia Broadway Musical Video
- Broadhurst Theatre, 235 West 44th Street
- 2hrs, 30mins, 1 intermission
- Opened October 18, 2001, Closed September 12, 2015