Here Lies Love Begins Previews
Here Lies Love Broadway Musical
- Here Lies Love Tickets (Stubhub)
- Tickets selling through November 2023
- Lottery + Rush: TBA
Here Lies Love is a groundbreaking American musical about the Filipino people from the brilliant minds of David Byrne (Academy Award®, Grammy Award®, and Tony Award® winner + front man of Talking Heads) and Fatboy Slim (Grammy Award® winner) and stars an all-Filipino cast. The theatre is transformed into a dance club where the audience is immersed in the journey of former Filipina First Lady Imelda Marcos and the Philippine People Power Revolution. It's NYC's biggest dance party and you do not want to miss it. Previews June 17, 2023, Opens July 20, 2023. Ages 13 +.
Ticketing Options - Broadway Theatre is transformed into a club and the audience is immersed in the show, so Here Lies Love is completely different than the usual Broadway watching and the ticket options are different. The show will have two shows each (matinée & evening) on both Saturday and Sunday, runs 90 minutes and no intermission.
- Floor (Standing) – Stand on the dance floor (no seats). Dancing is encouraged. You'll be guided around the performance space throughout the 90-minute show and will stand and move with the actors. All coats, bags, and personal belongings must be checked. Wheelchair tickets are available on the floor.
- Floorside Seats – Elevated seating alongside the dance floor, with two rows of chairs located directly above the action happening right in front of you. You'll enjoy the show from a point of view that was designed specifically for this experience. Accessible seating is located in Floorside Sections 1 and 2.
- Front Mezzanine – Seated in a traditional theater seat, while still close to the action. The performance extends up to you from the dance floor just below, with actors performing throughout the entire space.
- Rear Mezzanine – Seated in a theater seat with a panoramic view of the action. The most traditional, familiar experience for theatergoers.
- VIP Lounge – An exclusive premium experience where the entire show is performed right in front of you, within a closed lounge space with a private bar.
NYC Pride, Parade and Festival
Pride Island, PrideFest, The March
June 17-25, 2023
Hudson St (Abingdon Sq. & W 14th)
Come see NYC turn into the world’s largest rainbow @ Pride, the city’s premiere LGBTQIA+ celebration for over 50 years. There’s a ton of events including The Rally, The March & Pride Island. The 2023 theme is “Strength in Solidarity” and Christina Aguilera is headlining NYC Pride Island on Sunday, June 25th at Brooklyn Army Terminal. More Info: Pride in NYC, Cruises, Events, Hotels
Filled with a series of fabulous and fun events, the festivities begin with Family Night and the Rally and culminate with PrideFest & The March. Other events include Pride Island and the annual Dance on the Pier, following the parade wrapping up Pride Week in a grand fireworks display. Every landmark, attraction, sign, just about everything in NYC is covered in rainbows all week and it is glorious!
Coney Island Mermaid Parade
Saturday, June 17, 2023
The Coney Island Mermaid Parade is the nation’s largest art parade and one of New York City’s greatest summer events. The 3,000+ participants dress in hand-made costumes, while celebrating ancient mythology and honky-tonk rituals of the seaside. The Mermaid parade is always a summer highlight in NYC and one of our favorite annual local things to do!
Juneteenth in NYC Festival
June 16-18, 2023
Juneteenth is a celebration of June 19, 1865 in Galveston, Texas, which declared the ending of slavery in the USA. The three day Juneteenth in NYC festival kicks off Friday with a virtual summit, Friday night is the Celebration of Black Kings, Saturday is Festival Community Day and the festival culminates Sunday with a Parade, Fashion Show, Food trucks Field Day and more. Monday, June 19th, is a national holiday, with government, banks and post offices closed. More Info: Junteenth NY
Cardinals at Mets
New York Mets Schedule
Catch NYC's National baseball team in action at the amazing Citi Field, one of baseball's nicest stadiums and now home to baseball's highest payroll as of 2023! Top recruits include Francisco Álvarez, Brett Baty, Ronny Mauricio and Mark Vientos. Tickets are easy to get and the Mets are an easy 30 minute subway from Times Square or Grand Central. Grab a burger from Shake Shack and get ready to see some baseball action.
NY Mets June Schedule @ Citi Field
- Jun-01, 1:10 PM – Phillies at Mets
- Jun-02, 7:10 PM – Blue Jays at Mets
- Jun-03, 4:10 PM – Blue Jays at Mets
- Jun-04, 1:40 PM – Blue Jays at Mets
- Jun-13, 7:10 PM – Yankees at Mets Subway Series
- Jun-14, 7:10 PM – Yankees at Mets Subway Series
- Jun-16, 7:10 PM – Cardinals at Mets
- Jun-17, 4:10 PM – Cardinals at Mets
- Jun-18, 1:40 PM – Cardinals at Mets
- Jun-26, 7:10 PM – Brewers at Mets
- Jun-27, 7:10 PM – Brewers at Mets
- Jun-28, 7:10 PM – Brewers at Mets
- Jun-29, 7:10 PM – Brewers at Mets
- Jun-30, 7:10 PM – Giants at Mets
Indulge @ JAPAN Fes
Jun 10 | JAPAN Fes @Midtown West (8th Ave, 50th – 51st st)
Jun 17 | JAPAN Fes @East Village (Bleecker St, LaGuardia – Mercer st)
Jun 18 | JAPAN Fes @Parkslope (7th Ave, 5-6th st)
Enjoy the best Japanese gourmet from all over Japan. Northern Japan, tender Beef tongue donburi made aged and sliced one by one to feel the best taste of the original flavor of Gyutan the beef tongue by @js_kitchen_nyc, Sapporo miso ramen crafted by a JAPAN Fes Ramen Contest champion chef from Hokkaido by @ramen_kings, gorgeous juicy Hokkaido Salmon rice ball seasoned with butter and flagrantly burnt soy sauce by @narutoramenny , luxury Wagyu sushi made with A4 special Wagyu and original Miso by @jspec.wagyu.nyc , juicy Yamagata Wagyu hand roll by @tabikase_ny , savory BBQ Chashu bowl by @nakamuranyc , and photogenic Matcha sweets by @k.minamoto_usa.
Shakespeare in the Park Hamlet
June 8 – August 6, 2023,
Delacorte Theater, Central Park
Every year, stars such as Meryl Streep, Al Pacino and James Earl Jones perform modern interpretations of various Shakespeare plays in Central Park at the recently redone 1,800 seat open-air theater and they are attended by over 80,000 people. The 2023 Shakespeare in the Park play is Hamlet. NYC Insider Guide knows just how you can get tickets. Learn more at Shakespeare in the Park 2023. Dark Mondays (except July 3rd).
River to River Festival
June 9–18, 2023
Founded in 2002, following September 11, 2001, the River to River Festival is a world-class performing arts festival originally intended to help revitalize Lower Manhattan. Now the Festival is the largest summer-long free arts festival in New York City’s history and has not only assisted in renewal, but transformed Downtown into a major cultural destination during the summer. More Info: River to River Festiva
June 3-18, 2023 – Returning for its 12th year, the annual Photoville Festival showcases photographs on classic shipping containers in Brooklyn Bridge Park. In addition, there will be interactive workshops, artist tours, exhibitions, evening programming and New York’s Smorgasburg Pop-up, as well as over 80 open-air exhibitions throughout all five boroughs of New York City. More Info: Photoville
NYC June Events & Things to Do
- NYC June Events
- NYC Concerts Shows June
- Things to do in New York in June
- 100 FREE things to do in NYC in Summer
- Shakespeare in the Park
- Bryant Park Movie Nights
- Bryant Park Picnic Performances
- Lincoln Center Summer for the City
- Times Square TSQ Live
- Yankees @ Yankee Stadium
- Mets @ Citi Field
- Outdoor Movies NYC
- NYC Summer Festivals & Fairs
- Central Park SummerStage
- Volleyball in New York City
- Tennis in New York City
- Biking in New York City
- Insider Guide to Central Park
- Best NYC Hotel Rooftops
- Free Things to Do in New York City
What to Wear in NYC in June - New York Weather JuneJune in NYC offers some of the year's most perfect NYC weather. Central Park foliage is in gorgeous bloom, the trees lush and the water starting to warm. New Yorkers are consistently playing outside: beach, tennis, volleyball, frisbee, biking, baseball and much more. The weather in NYC in June is fairly consistent day to night and most likely you not need any sort of jacket or coat. You can bring an evening sweater to be safe, but the dress code is likely shorts, tanks/tees, sundresses and open toe shoes. Historical June high/low temperatures are 81/63 (F) and 27/17 (C).
Weather This Week in NYC
June NYC Events Daily Picks
- NYC Events June 1
- NYC Events June 2
- NYC Events June 3
- NYC Events June 4
- NYC Events June 5
- NYC Events June 6
- NYC Events June 7
- NYC Events June 8
- NYC Events June 9
- NYC Events June 10
- NYC Events June 11
- NYC Events June 12
- NYC Events June 13
- NYC Events June 14
- NYC Events June 15
- NYC Events June 16
- NYC Events June 17
- NYC Events June 18
- NYC Events June 19
- NYC Events June 20
- NYC Events June 21
- NYC Events June 22
- NYC Events June 23
- NYC Events June 24
- NYC Events June 25
- NYC Events June 26
- NYC Events June 27
- NYC Events June 28
- NYC Events June 29
- NYC Events June 30
- See All: NYC June Events by Day
About The NYC Daily Picks
We often plan these listings in advance, and may not be aware of current weather, health or other occurences, so please check all activities in advance of attending.