NYC Dance, Outdoor Movies, Sing, Jazz, Hip-Hop++
Lincoln Center Summer for the City is a summer season long festival of the arts, reimagined after the pandemic. What used to be Midsummer Night Swing is now Social Dance and Silent Disco. Summer for the City offers free outdoor movies, dancing, singing, readings, celebrations and so much more. Touted as the The Ultimate New York Festival, Lincoln Center is back this year with a bang – hosting over 300 events all summer long, June 14-August 12, 2023. Social Dance Under the Stars, Poetry, Concerts, Crafts, Juneteenth and much more!
Social Dance (formerly Midsummer Night Swing) and Silent Disco
The Dance Floor at Josie Robertson Plaza
June 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 & 30 + July 6, 7, 12, 13 + August 2, 3, 10 – Social Dance genres include salsa, afrobeats, swing, soul, jazz, hip-hop and more!
Free Outdoor Movies Under the Stars
2023 Movies will be a celebration of pioneering musician Terence Blanchard, Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen, a five-film mini-festival, and an evening curated by the New York Asian Film Festival.
- Wednesday, June 14 at 9:00pm – Eve’s Bayou – Terence Blanchard Celebration, “See Me As I Am” Series
- Friday, June 16 at 9:00pm – Love & Basketball – Terence Blanchard Celebration, “See Me As I Am” Series
- Wednesday, June 21 at 9:00pm – Da 5 Bloods – Terence Blanchard Celebration, “See Me As I Am” Series
- Thursday, June 22 at 9:00pm – Style Wars – “Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen”
- Friday, June 23 at 9:00pm – Scratch – “Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen”
- Thursday, June 29 at 9:00pm – Juice – “Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen”
- Friday, June 30 at 9:00pm – Friday – “Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen”
- Wednesday, July 12 at 9:00pm – Wild Style – “Can’t Stop the Street: Hip Hop on Screen”
Summer for the City Line Up
- Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra – a series of engaging and dynamic concerts in celebration of Renée and Robert Belfer Music Director Louis Langrée’s twenty-first and final year with the orchestra (tickets required). Begins July 15, 2023.
- Wedding: New York’s Biggest Day – an iconic Wedding filled with social dance, music, poetry and more at Lincoln Center! Get married, renew your vows or simply declare you love with thousands of other New Yorkers.
- Korean Arts Week
- Week-long celebration of the 50th anniversary of Hip-Hop
- BAAND Together Dance Festival
- Selfies with 200 flamingoes
The Lincoln Center campus has been designed by artist Clint Ramos and together they have created welcoming spaces infused with greenery and colorful botanicals. The Garden, Hearst Plaza, The Underground at Jaffe Drive, The Reading Room and The Dance Floor at Josie Robertson Plaza, the centerpiece of the festival and the city’s largest outdoor dance floor with a mega disco ball for social dance nights.
Summer for the City
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is THE beating heart of the NYC Arts & Culture scene, and as core to NYC as any famous landmark. Lincoln Center is home to the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, NYC Ballet, Julliard School and so much more. One of 11 resident organizations, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts presents some 3,000 programs, events, and initiatives each year. Its performance series include American Songbook; Great Performers; Lincoln Center Festival; the Lincoln Center Out of Doors, Midsummer Night Swing, Mostly Mozart, and White Light Festivals; and Live From Lincoln Center.
Neighborhood Guides Lincoln Center
More Summer NYC Events
100 Free Things to Do in New York in Summer
Free things to do in New York in Summer are everywhere, every day and every night! Kids, adults, outdoors, indoors, active, lazy...you name it! Free summer activities in NYC include concerts, movies, sports and fitness, arts and culture, museums, tours. So whether you want free tennis, an outdoor concert, a movie under the stars or free opera outdoors in the park, we have you covered with over 100 FREE things to do in NYC this summer.
New York City Events June
New York City June Events are packed with amazing outdoor culture and adventures, along with tons of free things to do in June.
Our must-do events include Shakespeare in the Park, New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks, Lincoln Center Summer for the City, Free Outdoor Concerts and Movies, Museum Mile Festival, Pride Week, Belmont Stakes, Puerto Rican Day Parade, Taste of Times Square. More Info:
New York City Events July
New York City Events July include July 4th Fireworks, Met Museum Roof Martini Bar, Restaurant Week, Central Park SummerStage, Lincoln Center Social Dance, NYC Summer Restaurant Week, Bryant Park Movie Nights, Yankees & Mets.
Best New York City Hotel Rooftops
NYC Hotel Rooftops offer some of the best skyline views in the whole City, along with cocktails and food, views, pools, cabanas, sundecks and retractable roofs. Our top picks for the most surreal views and cocktails include:
- Ink48 Hotel - right next to the Intrepid Museum and my ALL time favorite rooftop!
- The Ready @ Moxy NYC East Village - all-season rooftop with an amazingly eclectic vibe and great skyline views. (photo)
- The Empire Hotel - year-round indoor/outdoor rooftop with seasonal pool and cabana rentals
See More: Best New York City Hotel Rooftops
Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center
June 25 – July 13, 2019
Damrosch Park (62nd/Columbus)
Tickets on sale now
Each year, for 3 weeks, Tues-Sat, Midsummer Night Swing turns Lincoln Center into a super-fun open-air dance hall with live bands performing the rhythms you love, from swing to salsa, tango, funk, disco, and more. The dance party is equally fun to watch, or participate and always draws a huge crowd.
2019 Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center Ticket Prices:
- $18 – Individual tickets (includes dance lesson)
- $60 – 4-night Pass
- $84 – 6-night pass, good for 6 single admissions. All Passholders get one free bag check per entry.
- $170 – season pass, good for up to 16 entries to the dance floor. Limited to two admissions per night. All Passholders get one free bag check per entry.
- $5 Kid’s Day (Saturday)
Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center
Dining: After you work up an appetite on the dance floor, stop by the BBQ stand for tasty snacks and meals designed for eating with your hands. Beer, wine, and cocktails are also available for purchase within Damrosch Park.
Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center Schedule:
- Dance Floor Opens 6:00
- Group Dance Lesson 6:30–7:15
- Music and Dancing Live sets at 7:30–8:30 and 9:00–10:00 (unless otherwise noted)
- More Info: www.midsummernightswing.org