On the Great Lawn
Yoga in Central Park combines the best of the best – exercise, the ultimate quinessential NYC backdrop, a celebration of the first day of summer…and all for FREE! Does it get any better?
On June 22, 2010 at 6pm, the evening of the summer solstice, Flavorpill, and top NYC yoga teacher Elena Brower, founder of Virayoga, will host Yoga in Central Park, “world’s largest documented yoga event ever as 10,000 people of all backgrounds, sizes, and skill levels will simultaneously practice on the Great Lawn in Central Park, NYC.”
Doors open and performances begin at 5:00pm.
Yoga in Central Park class is 6:45pm to 8:15pm
All Yoga levels are welcome, minimum age 16.
In case I haven’t convinced you yet, here are other great reasons to attend Yoga in Central Park:
- Jet Blue is providing 10,000 yoga mats, and Smart Water 10,000 bottles!
- You may very well be a part of a Guinness World Record (the world’s largest yoga event)
- Elena will be accompanied by bassist, Garth Stevenson, and there will be live performances before and after the event
- A free yoga class with Elena, who teach celebrities such Christy Turlington and Naomi Watts
- Elena is a very dear, personal friend, a native and lifelong New Yorker and this is likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for all 10,000 of us!!!
Elena Brower is certainly not new to leading massive Yoga events around the world, and especially in NYC, at our world-famous landmarks.
Here she is leading the 2009 Summer Solstice in Times Square, another free Yoga event being held this year on June 21, 2010.
Elena also led Anusara yoga earlier this year at the Adidas Fitness Academy in Taipei, Taiwan.
Free Registration for Yoga in Central Park is open – what are you waiting for? Sign Up Now!
Back to Top of Yoga in Central Park