Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Classic
Closed June 26, 2016. See the current: List of NYC Broadway Shows
Five-time Tony nominee, Kelli O’Hara, and Oscar nominee, Ken Watanabe, star in this dazzling revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s classic, the story of British widow Anna, who travels from Victorian London to exotic Bangkok to become governess of the imperious Siamese monarch’s many children.
Kelli O’Hara will not perform on 3/5, 3/6, 3/18 or 3/31 through 4/3. She will play her final performance on 4/17. Marin Mazzie will begin performances as Anna on 5/3.
Ken Watanabe will play The King 3/17-4/17. Daniel Dae Kim begins performances as The King on 5/3.
The King and I Broadway Musical Synopsis:
Set in the 1860s, The King and I is based on the true story of Anna Leonowens, a widowed schoolteacher from Wales, who travels to Siam to become governess of the imperious Siamese monarch’s many children. Despite her sharp wit and strong will, nothing has prepared Anna for the lessons this rich and complicated new land has to teach her—or for the powerful connection she will forge with its imperious King.
The King and I score includes classics you already know and love, such as “Getting to Know You, “Hello, Young Lovers,” “I Have Dreamed,” “Something Wonderful,” and “Shall We Dance.”
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Broadway Shows will resume starting Sept 2021! We have opening dates for Hamilton, Aladdin, Phantom, Six, Diana & Music Man + 20 more shows and more being announced daily!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for theaters not covered by Ticketmaster
- Broadway.com - NYC's Broadway experts
- Use Code NYCIG10 for 15% off ALL Tickets
- Ticketmaster Deals - lots of shows with 2 For 1, Me+3 and 4-Pack deals
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
The King and I at The Tony Awards
Vivian Beaumont Theater Seating Chart
The King and I Broadway Schedule
Lincoln Center - Opera, Ballet, NY Philharmonic, Jazz, Broadway
You really haven't been to NYC until you experience THE beating heart of our Arts & Culture scene, Lincoln Center, home to the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, NYC Ballet, Julliard School, Broadway and so much more. See what NYC's (always amazing) classic cultural scene has to offer while you are here.
- Vivian Beaumont Theater, 150 West 65th St, NY, NY 10023
- 2 hrs, 55 minutes, 1 intermission
- Recommended for ages 8+
- Opened April 16, 2015, Closed June 26, 2016
- 2015 Winner of 4 Tony Awards, including Best Revival of a Musical
- Venue Guide: Lincoln Center