Open, Closed, Explore NYC FREE, Help NYC
Open in NYC: 9-11 Memorial, The Highline, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, The Bronx Zoo, Liberty Island, in-person Sample Sales. MoMA (Aug 27), The Met (Aug 29), Natural History (Sept 9), Personal care (spa, nails), tennis, volleyball, basketball, places of worship (@ 25 % capacity). There is currently no open date for indoor dining, theaters and shopping malls. Gyms should open late August, early September.
Top NYC Things to Do
The Coronavirus has impacted the globe in a way we haven’t seen for years. While clearly there is significant damage to people’s health and the economy, there is some reprieve for those of willing to venture into public in NYC. Here’s what we know so far on all things related to the virus in NYC, including event cancellations and MAJOR bargains you can steal right now with NO risk.
- All NYC Schools are closed until at least April 20th
- All NYC restaurants and bars are closed, however, take-out and delivery are still allowed.
- All NYC Theaters, concert venues, and nightclubs are closed
- As of Sunday night March 15th, NYC has more than 300 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The Metropolitan Museum, Whitney Museum, Guggenheim, Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Opera, 9/11 Memorial & Museum, Carnegie Hall, New York Philharmonic, most of Lincoln Center
- New York Public Library – March 14-31
- Edge, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, One World Observatory,
- Broadway is dark until at least April 12th
- All NBA games (Knicks and Nets) and NHL (Rangers and Islanders) are currently suspended
- MLB Season Openers (Yankees, Mets) have been postponed until furthur notice
- Click here to see ALL Ticketmaster event and ticket changes, cancellations and updates.
- Jerry Seinfeld show postponed – “hold onto your tickets – a rescheduled date will be announced shortly"
- Billy Joel – March 19 and April 10 shows have been rescheduled for September 26 and October 11, respectively
- NYC St Patrick’s Day Parade – postponed. Will try to "celebrate our 259th parade at a later date"
- The New York Auto Show has been moved from April to August 28-Sept 6, 2020
- The NYC Half Marathon, Sunday, March 15th, has been cancelled
Please confirm with all attractions before purchasing any tickets as open/closed status may change by the hour.
- (March 16, 2020) – The Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island are open and maintaining continuity of operations following the most current guidance from the CDC, state, and local health authorities. Ticketing & refund info 877- 523- 9849 [email protected]
- Many walking and bus tours
Plan Your 2020 Travel NOW
We fully expect the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting to take place on Wednesday, December 2, 2020, as it is almost always the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. Which means, now is the time to lock in AMAZING RATES for hotels with FULLY refundable reservations. We scoured Booking for you and found these deals:
- Pod 39 Hotel – 4 nights from $600 (December 1-5). Targeting the “Hip and Thrifty” market, the Pod 39 Hotel offers extremely compact, cleverly designed guestrooms with iPod docking stations and small LCD TVs. Rooms have shared or private baths and in-room displays indicate availability of the shared baths. The shared bathrooms feature rainfall showerheads, water jets built into the sides and streaming music. Private bathrooms also have rainfall showerheads (no jets), along with sleek stainless-steel sinks. The Pod also offers suites with standard TVs, private bathrooms and living areas with sofa beds.
- The Franklin Hotel – 4 nights from $998 (December 1-5). Right off Museum Mile on the Upper East Side, The Franklin is one of those hidden gems in NYC that delivers consistent quality and great rates. Indulge in their free wine and cheese reception every evening and free, 24-hour espresso and cappuccino service.
- Hyatt Place Times Square – 4 nights from 1,160 (December 1-5). A BRAND NEW Hyatt hotel in Times Square? What more could you ask for? Be in the heart of ALL the action during the holidays for a steal.