An Extradordinary Little Girl with Special Powers
Coming March 2017 at the Shubert Theatre: Bette Midler and David Hyde Pierce in Hello, Dolly!
Winner of a record-breaking seven Olivier Awards including Best Musical, and adapted from the popular 1988 Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) children’s novel, Matilda follows an intelligent young girl with extraordinary powers who rebels against her nasty parents and the child-hating headmistress of her boarding school.
Matilda Broadway Musical Synopsis: Matilda is the tale of an extraordinary little girl coming from a bad beginning. We’ll meet her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood, who would rather have their daughter watch television than reading books. Matilda’s teacher Miss Honey wants to put her in advanced classes, but the diabolical headmistress and Olympic hammer thrower Miss Trunchbull is more concerned with following her credo — “to teach the child, we must first break the child” — than teaching kids how to spell. Despite all the setbacks, Matilda and her fellow students persevere through hardships with the help of Miss Honey for an astonishing tale about honesty, integrity, and knowledge.
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Broadway Shows will resume starting Sept 2021! We have opening dates for Hamilton, Aladdin, Phantom, Six, Diana & Music Man + 20 more shows and more being announced daily!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for theaters not covered by Ticketmaster
- Broadway.com - NYC's Broadway experts
- Use Code NYCIG10 for 15% off ALL Tickets
- Ticketmaster Deals - lots of shows with 2 For 1, Me+3 and 4-Pack deals
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
Matilda the Musical Medley – 2013 Tony Awards
Shubert Theatre Seating Chart
- Shubert Theatre, 225 West 44th Street
- 2 hrs, 40 minutes, 1 intermission
- Previews: March 4, 2013, Opened: April 11, 2013
- More: Best Broadway Shows for Kids