CLOSED JUNE 13, 2013. See Current List of Broadway Shows.
Starring Tom Hanks, a play by the late Nora Ephron. From his sensational reporting of New York’s major police corruption to the libel suit that nearly ended his career, Lucky Guy dramatizes the story of tabloid columnist Mike McAlary’s meteoric rise, fall and rise again, ending with his coverage of the Abner Louima case for which he won the Pulitzer Prize, shortly before his untimely death on Christmas Day, 1998. Lucky Guy marks a return to Ephron’s journalistic roots in a new play about the scandal- and graffiti-ridden New York of the 1980s. The cast also includes Maura Tierney (ER), Courtney B. Vance (Fences) and Christopher McDonald (Chicago).
More Ticket Options: Lucky Guy
Theater: Broadhurst Theatre, 235 West 44th Street
Dates: Previews March 1, 2013, April 01, 2013 to June 16, 2013
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- NewYork.com - discounts, great selection, reviews, availability
- Great Selection and Reviews @ Broadway.com
- Use Code NYCIG10 for 15% off ALL Tickets
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for Broadway houses not covered by Ticketmaster
- Ticketmaster Deals - lots of shows with 2 For 1, Me+3 and 4-Pack deals (just saw Frozen listed)
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
TheaterMania Review: “the two-time Oscar winner has not just chosen well, he has hit the jackpot. As the hardworking, egotistical but essentially decent newspaper columnist Mike McAlary… Hanks has found a role that not only fits him like a tailored sport coat, but will probably require him to make more room in his already crowded trophy case.”
New York Times Review: “”THRILLING… a LOVE SONG to journalism.”