Disney’s Newest Musical Comedy Based on the Famous Movie
CLOSED. January 5, 2014. See the current: List of NYC Broadway Shows
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts, despite a next-to- nothing start in 1930s New York City. And now, alongside her signature pal dog, Sandy, she has set her sights on making us grin from ear to ear as she inspires a whole new millennium. Now starring Jane Lynch (GLEE!) as Miss Hannigan through Sunday, July 14, 2013.
Annie Broadway Musical Synopsis The score for ANNIE includes “Maybe,” “It’s the Hard Knock Life,” “You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile,” “Easy Street,” “I Don’t Need Anything But You” and the eternal anthem of optimism, “Tomorrow”. The original production of ANNIE opened April 21, 1977 at the Alvin Theatre and went on to win the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Musical, seven Drama Desk Awards including Best Musical, the Grammy for Best Cast Show Album and seven Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, Best Book (Thomas Meehan) and Best Score (Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin). The show was one of the biggest Broadway musical hits of the 1970s, running for almost six years and playing 2,377 performances.
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Top Picks for Broadway Tickets
- StubHub - best selection and seats in the house! NY's most popular and trusted ticket company
- NewYork.com - discounts, great selection, reviews, availability
- Great Selection and Reviews @ Broadway.com
- Ticket Liquidator Coupon - $10 off $250+ code TLSPRING
- Direct Tickets - all Ticketmaster shows original source tickets. See telecharge.com for Broadway houses not covered by Ticketmaster
Note: All of our ticket partners are legitimate, recommended ticket sellers and guaranteed to sell you official NYC Broadway tickets.
Back to Top of NYC Broadway Shows
ANNIE on Broadway: Tomorrow
- Palace Theatre, 1564 Broadway (@ 47th)
- Previews October 3, 2012, Opened November 8, 2012, Closing January 5, 2014