Open, Closed, Explore NYC FREE, Help NYC
Open in NYC: 9-11 Memorial, The Highline, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, The Bronx Zoo, Liberty Island, in-person Sample Sales. MoMA (Aug 27), The Met (Aug 29), Natural History (Sept 9), Personal care (spa, nails), tennis, volleyball, basketball, places of worship (@ 25 % capacity). There is currently no open date for indoor dining, theaters and shopping malls. Gyms should open late August, early September.
Top NYC Things to Do
by a Local New Yorker (Graffiti Bomb)
A local New Yorker shares all his NYC favorites, like $.99 pizza, Central Park, SoHo, Tribeca, a NYC Street Fair, monster warehouse parties in Brooklyn and some other hidden gems.
Central Park Bandshell
1) Wake up and go straight to Central Park to either read a book in the grass or skate at the bandshell.
2) Grab something to eat at any of the street fairs that are usually taking place along the avenues. They have great gyros.
4) Relax at Union Square or Washington Sq Park where you can see many interesting people and activities happening.
5) Grab 99 cent pizza that can be found on almost any block downtown.
6) Stop at the Mars Bar (update: CLOSED) for a few drinks. The atmosphere here is one of a kind.
7) Head into Williamsburg, Brooklyn, home of the best NYC parties, usually in monster warehouses or apartments with rooftops with breathtaking views of the NYC skyline.
Posted by by Graffiti Bomb – (Manhattan, New York)