by Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, New York)
The Temple of Dendur in the Sackler Wing
(C) The Metropolitan Museum of Art
On Sunday, September 11th at 3:30 p.m., listen to the Wordless Music Orchestra, in The Temple of Dendur in the Sackler Wing, as they premiere the live orchestration of William Basinski’s ambient masterwork “Disintegration Loop 1.1,” created and conceived from Basinski’s residence in downtown Brooklyn in the weeks before and after the World Trade Center’s destruction.
The program will feature three other works of memory and remembrance as well:
1) Ingram Marshall’s “Fog Tropes II” for string quartet and tape,
2) Osvaldo Golijov’s “Tenebrae” for string quartet, and
3) Alfred Schnittke’s “Collected Songs Where Every Verse is Filled with Grief.”
Free with Museum admission
Sunday, September 11th, 3:30 p.m.
Presented in The Temple of Dendur in the Sackler Wing
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10028
For more information please call 212 570 3949
or visit us online at www.metmuseum.org
Photograph credit Metropolitan Museum of Art
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
The Print Guide to New York City includes the BEST of the NYC Insider Guide website, with detailed maps, directions and my personal recommendations for shopping, restaurants, attractions and Insider Tips.
Available for download and print immediately, you can make as many copies as you want and get FREE Updates for a year!
Read more about the BEST Print Guide to New York City on the internet.
- Weekly chart of the Free Museum Days and NYC Tours
- Detailed maps of over 18 NYC neighborhoods, top Things to Do and See, restaurants, Shopping, Subways and key hotels
- Over 20 Discount and Outlet Shopping Locations rarely advertised
- Best of NYC by ALL native New Yorkers! Kid's sights and restaurants, Movie and TV sights, Pizza, Romance and FREE views of the NYC Skyline
- NEW BONUS GUIDE with 14 pages of additional NYC Maps and Guides
Thank you for visiting the NYC Insider Guide …welcome to our city and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Welcome to New York City!