Best NYC Hotels and Packages on NYE
If watching the world’s most famous ball drop at midnight from your own New Year’s Eve NYC Hotel is on your bucket list, then don’t miss your chance to reserve a special NYE package in NYC. By no means are any of these hotels for bargain hunters…but if paying for the privilege of having your own viewing area, refreshments, toilets, seats and not standing outside in the freezing cold with over 1 million other people craning your neck for hours on end appeals to you…read on.
Make sure to also read our full New Year’s Eve Party Guide
2016-17 New Years Eve Hotels
So where will you watch the world’s most Famous New Year’s Eve party this year? From your hotel room, restaurant, lounge?
All New Years Eve NYC reviews are paraphased from Trip Advisor and have been checked to see if the hotel specials are current for 2016-2017.
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
‘We could also see the Times Square ball drop if we were right next to the window. This was our first trip to NYC and having such a cool room in the tallest hotel in NYC made it extra special. We went to the hotel’s NYE reception which was fun and all the staff we interacted with were great.’
- NYE Vacation Package with guaranteed Ball Drop Room, chocolates and Champagne
- Compare Rates: Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
New York Marriott Marquis
The New York Marriott Marquis offers several choices on New Years Eve. They have 100+ guest rooms and suites with direct views of the ball drop, a private party in their Broadway Lounge (8th Floor), which overlooks Times Square and the ball drop and another party at their View Restaurant & Lounge (48th Floor), which has spectacular skyline views but no view of the ball drop, though they will have TV screens on which to watch the broadcast.
Casablanca Hotel Times Square
‘…It’s truly the only way to see the Ball drop…each room got a complimentary bottle of champagne, the bar in the lounge offered complimentary (and limitless) wine, mixed drinks, cheese, fruits…meal at Tony’s was phenomenal…then up to the roof where we were greeted with cases upon cases of champagne and the New Year’s Eve ball seems close enough to touch.’
- Discount Rates: Casablanca Hotel Times Square
- Compare Rates: Casablanca Hotel Times Square
- Direct Site: Casablanca New Years Eve Hotel Package
The Pearl Hotel
‘Great hotel, Perfect for New Years Eve. Big room (suite), excellent for family of four! Placed next to Times Square, got pass to get in and out of police barriers 24/7 on New Years Eve.’
The Knickerbocker receives rave reviews. Ring in the New Year from the St. Cloud rooftop bar, which has a surreal view of the New Years Eve Ball. "New York, New Year’s Eve, Times Square, private party on roof top where you can watch the ball drop 180 feet away – what else could you ask for?"
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Times Square
‘This is THE hotel to be at on New Year’s Eve. You can see the ball from right in front of the hotel. We also had special hotel privileges, meaning we could go in and out of the hotel all night long and not be forced to wait in the mob for hours and hours.’
- Compare Rates: DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City – Times Square
- Direct Site: DoubleTree Hilton New Year’s Eve Packages
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Stay with us this New Year’s Eve and ring in 2016 in the heart of Times Square. Along with upscale accommodations, guests will receive a holiday themed welcome amenity, a bottle of champagne, party favors, and have 4 spots reserved in a viewing location outside of the hotel to watch the ball drop live.
More New Years Eve NYC Hotels
The following hotels offer NYE in Times Square benefits & perks (like special passes to get through some of the barricades), but not necessarily private Ball Drop views.
- Hyatt Times Square New York – while not having any special rooms with NYE views (I think there may be one), partners with balldrop.com to host a NYE Gala at their 54th floor rooftop, Bar 54, which has a view of the ball drop.
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central – "We had a GREAT room on the 36th (top) floor that I could see Times Square and the New Years Eve ball from. The staff always had a smile and was VERY helpful."
- The Muse Hotel – ‘Location was terrific for the whole Times Square New Years Eve. Though the Times Square experience for New Years Eve was horrible, the hotel was great. They gave us passes so we could easily get through the barricaded street back to our hotel.’
- Hotel Edison Times Square – ‘Helpful and accommodating during the 2012 New Year’s Eve. I would not have survived the Times Square Ball Drop if not for the hotel keeping me warm and cozy and away from all the chaos…located right at Times Square, does not have a view of the count down but you can go down from time to time to check out what’s happening in the street or 10 minutes prior to the countdown to celebrate with the crowd.’
- See More: Times Square Hotels and Neighborhood Guide
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels
How to Save on Hotels in New York City
Check out all our tips and dozens of promo codes to help save on NYC Hotels. Whether you are visiting NYC on a budget, or just looking to save a little on luxury, we share all our insight on How to Save on Hotels in New York City.
Best Value Hotels
Enter Dates, Check 'Value Deal' Box
Trip Advisor NYC
Straight to All NYC Deals Page
NYC Insider Guide
Hotel Tips Promo Coupon Codes
New Year’s Eve in New York City
Just in case a New Years Eve NYC Hotel doesn’t work out this time, make sure to check out our full New Year’s Eve Party Guide.
- Dinner Cruises with Fireworks
- Private indoor parties around Times Square with view of ball drop
- Special dinners at thousands of restaurants
- New Years Eve with the New York Philharmonic
- Family-friendly NYE options
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
Download over 100 pages of NYC maps, information and recommendations in less than 5 minutes! Our NYC Insider Printable Map Guide Book includes organized, easy to follow, color coded guides to NYC, detailed maps of every neighborhood, weekly chart of Free Museum Days and Times and free weekly neighborhood tours, Best of NYC Categories and lists by ALL native New Yorkers and much more.
The New York City Travel Guide is your NYC PRE VACATION Guide, sort of like, “New York City 101.” This book is an overview of NYC to help you PLAN your trip so you make the absolute MOST of your time and money here. Think of this book as the guide to answer all the most commonly asked questions and avoid the most common NYC Vacation and Trip Planning mistakes.
The NYC Map Printable Bonus Guide is a 14 page downloadable Bonus Guide, compiled of the best free, downloadable local neighborhood maps with stores and shops block by block put together by our local NYC neighborhood associations; all formatted and ready for you to print.
Top of New Years Eve NYC Hotels