View from the River Café, Brooklyn, NY
One of the best romantic get away weekends I ever had was a mystery birthday adventure I gave my husband a few years ago. I gave him a new overnight bag with a note that said to pack for one day and to be ready at 7AM the following Saturday. That’s it!
Without a word I drove us to the airport while he wondered where we could be going for just a day. It wasn’t until we were checking into the airlines that he learned we were off for a decadent overnight to NYC.
I would love to repeat that again sometime very soon.
I would find a lovely little hotel, like the Iroquois New York in Times Square and find a spot for a champagne brunch. We would stroll over to Central Park, window shopping all the way, and take a horse and carriage ride.
Then, off to Chinatown for some bargain hunting, perhaps stop for an antipasto and bottle of wine in Little Italy and top the day off with a Broadway Show.
I would end our day with a bottle of champagne in our room with a fruit and cheese tray.
NYC Insider Print Map and Guide to Manhattan
The Print Guide to New York City includes the BEST of the NYC Insider Guide website, with detailed maps, directions and my personal recommendations for shopping, restaurants, attractions and Insider Tips.
Available for download and print immediately, you can make as many copies as you want and get FREE Updates for a year!
Read more about the BEST Print Guide to New York City on the internet.
- Weekly chart of the Free Museum Days and NYC Tours
- Detailed maps of over 18 NYC neighborhoods, top Things to Do and See, restaurants, Shopping, Subways and key hotels
- Over 20 Discount and Outlet Shopping Locations rarely advertised
- Best of NYC by ALL native New Yorkers! Kid's sights and restaurants, Movie and TV sights, Pizza, Romance and FREE views of the NYC Skyline
- NEW BONUS GUIDE with 14 pages of additional NYC Maps and Guides
Thank you for visiting the NYC Insider Guide …welcome to our city and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Welcome to New York City!