NY City Pass or NY Pass or Explorer Pass?
We Want to See ALL the ‘Tourist’ Stuff!
Should we get the New York CityPASS, NY Pass or Explorer Pass? We want to see ALL the ‘tourist’ stuff! Please help, the passes are so confusing!
NYC Insider Guide Answer:
Hi Susan! First, I recommend you review our page comparing ALL the New York City Sightseeing Passes.
Then please download the (free mini) Printable Guide with the Attractions Costs in them.
Some questions to evaluate while researching passes include:
- How long will you be in NYC?
For Short stays – CityPASS. Longer Stays – Explorer and New York Pass
- Will you be taking a lot of tours?
Lean towards the Explorer Pass/Go Select card and New York Pass
- Are you willing to commit to exactly what you want see?
Save big with Go Select Cards
- Want to pay a bit extra to have all the options while you’re here and wing it during your trip?
Explorer Pass or New York Pass
If you went to all 13 of the attractions below, paid the full price, fees and suggested donations, you would spend roughly $303 per adult.
- Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty Ferry
- Top of the Rock
- American Museum of Natural History
- AMNH and Space Show/Planetarium
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Central Park Zoo
- Intrepid Museum
- Guggenheim Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met)
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- Circle Line Cruise
- 9-11 Memorial Museum
The costs of the cards are as follows, but remember, the first two are often on sale:
- New York City Explorer Pass or Go Select Card
3 for $80 ($27 each), 5 for $109 ($21 each), 7 for $145 ($21 each), 10 for $215 ($22 each).
- New York Pass
$85 (1 Day), $130 (2 Day), $180 (3 Day), $230 (7 Day)
- New York CityPASS
Top 6 attractions, $114 Adult. $89 Kids 6-17.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Which is the BEST New York City Pass?
Compare all the New York City Discount Passes, get savings coupons and find out how to get free entry to hundreds of tours, museums and attractions, plus skip the line privileges. Which is the BEST – New York City Explorer Pass, New York Pass or New York City Pass?
Now is THE Time Buy Your NYC Pass!
Towards the end of March is the time of year when all the NY Passes have figured out the new attraction and tour prices for the year - and that is when they will announce their price increases. So buy your NY Pass (all are good for a year from purchase) while they still have last year's pricing!!! See All: Compare All NYC Passes - Download our FREE side by side Comparison Chart
More From NYC Insider Guide
- New York Attractions Pass Comparison
- New York Explorer Pass vs. The New York Pass for Bus Tour?
- CityPass Was a Great Introduction to New York