Bus Tours and New York Passes
Hello! From everything I have read, the hop on hop off bus tour option on both passes, once purchased, is supposed to cover all fees for the tour selected. However, when I called City Sights Corporate HQ and at Madame Tussaud’s they both said it was only good for 5% off. Is this true? I don’t want to be scammed!
NYC Insider Guide Answer:
As far as I know, both passes include admission to parts of Madame Tussauds, but not always every exhibit, so please read the restrictions on each pass carefully. When evaluating any of the passes, you want to understand exactly which parts of any tour, attraction or museum are or, more importantly, are not included.
For example, if you are heading to the American Museum of Natural History, do you want to see the Planetarium and Space Show? That will cost you extra. If going to the NY Botanical Gardens, do you want to to see the Orchid or Train Show? Again, extra. Just make sure to compare exactly what you want to see with what is offered on any of the passes or packages. In general, and for most people, they offer a huge savings and allow people to see a LOT of NYC for less.
- The New York Pass now includes the Big Bus Hop-on Hop-off Tours 2 Day Pass, a $62 value.
- The standard (non-custom) New York Explorer Pass allows you to choose a Hop-on Hop-off tour as an Explorer Pass choice, which will save you at least 20%, and their options change regularly. Buy Explorer or Go Select Card Up to 12 Months in Advance
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Which is the BEST New York City Pass?
Compare all the New York City Discount Passes, get savings coupons and find out how to get free entry to hundreds of tours, museums and attractions, plus skip the line privileges. Which is the BEST – New York City Explorer Pass, New York Pass or New York City Pass?
More From NYC Insider Guide
- New York City Bus Tours
- New York Attractions Pass Comparison
- NY City Pass or NY Pass or Explorer pass Which is best?? We want to see all the “tourist” stuff!
- CityPass Was a Great Introduction to New York