Hilarious and Raunchy
Written by “South Park” creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone together with Avenue Q’s Robert Lopez, The Book of Mormon takes the hit TV series’ trademark satirical, intelligent humor and translates it into an adult-only traditional Broadway Musical Comedy.
Read The NYC Insider Guide Review
Book of Mormon Ticket Options
- Possible Discounts: Book of Mormon – Save on Tickets!
- Great Selection and Reviews: Book of Mormon Tickets on Broadway
- Great Seats: The Book of Mormon Tickets
- More Tickets: Ticket Liquidator Coupon - $10 off $350+ code TLWINTER
- Direct Tickets: Book of Mormon or bookofmormonbroadway.com
Synopsis: The Book of Mormon centers on two young Mormon missionaries sent off to spread the word in a dangerous part of Uganda. Their tale is told alongside the founder Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The musical follows two young Mormon teens, Elder Price and Elder Cunningham, as they head to Africa for two years of missionary work. Once they arrive in Uganda, the Mormons are robbed at gunpoint, a guy walks by dragging a dead donkey, a woman staggers under the weight of water in plastic buckets, and then their local contact arrives to lead them in a cheery “Hakuna Matata”-style song: “Vas adiga illahay.” “Does it mean ‘No worries for the rest of our days,’” one of the Mormons asks hopefully. “Kind of,” the Ugandan replies with an exaggerated smile as he begins the next verse — about female circumcision, AIDS and a few other plagues. He translates each word individually and then, still smiling, “I guess it means, “F*** you, God.’” There’s more, but you’ll just have to see Book of Mormon to laugh out loud.
Buy Great Broadway Tickets Today!
Book of Mormon on Broadway Sneak Preview
Eugene O’Neill Theatre Seating Chart
Handicap Access is only available to the Orchestra section. There is no elevator to the mezzanine. The restroom is NOT wheelchair accessible, it is located down 1 flight of steps.
Book of Mormon Broadway Musical Comedy Schedule
- 2011 Best Musical + 8 Other Tony Awards
- Eugene O’Neill Theatre, 230 West 49th St
- Previews February 24, 2011, Opened March 24, 2011
- Mon: Dark, Tu-Th 7:00pm, Fri: 8:00pm, Sa-Su: 2:00pm, 8:00pm